BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Interface Script

Red
Advocate
Hopefully this is possible. Once I’m completely finished with Interface it will probably be about 10 pages. So what I wondering is there a wait to setup the first page as a menu with buttons that would take you to each page. Also each page would need a menu button to take you back to the menu. If this is possible does anyone have an example?
Thanks,
Red
i7 8700k
ROG Strix Z390-E MoBo
64gb RAM
EVGA GeForce GTX 2080
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Red

Take a look to the Olivier Dentan' library to see his way to manage his interface script You can download here http://perso.wanadoo.fr/archilib.od/ac8eng.html —for the english version—.

When he have several pages he use a variable — by example "npage" for his Window "Fen_XVT_OD"— which always present in his interface and which permit to switch from a page to an other —the first like the other…—.

The remainder of the page is conditioned by this variable and changes each time the parameter "npage" varies.

Take a look and try, I hope that that will help you more than my explanations…
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another approach I have used is to use only one "Page" but use buttons to select the code with subroutines.
Joachim Suehlo
Advisor
There was a thread in the german GDL-Talk of the ArchiCAD-Forum some years ago, where I described different methods for UI-Pageturn.

www.a-null.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=000041
Joachim Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 13.5 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de
Anonymous
Not applicable
Joachim wrote:
There was a thread in the german GDL-Talk of the ArchiCAD-Forum some years ago, where I described different methods for UI-Pageturn.
Danke sehr Joachim

Great tip and GDL Lesson from a great forum that I know but where I don't go enough…
It is hard to speak —write…— English for me and I promise to make effort to speak—read… in a first time…— german too.
Anonymous
Not applicable
One can use ui_infield{2} to build UI. I don't think there is a perfect solution. Each one has advantages and objections.
Pro : allows to see the complete page list and access to any page in one click. Fast
Cons : reduces the space allowed for each page.
No way to get rid of the right scroll bar, when not desired, to get more free space.
More time consuming to create and adjust the buttons image.

Despite limitations, i like this one. Example below
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/archilib.od/Sporting_Pool.pdf

Other ways exist. Look at Joachim Suehlo's tutorial.

Last, API programers can define the size of their UI window, i would like the same for GDL scripters. 443 x 266 is too much limited.
May be this is for the whishlist.
Joachim Suehlo
Advisor
Olivier,
interesting page turning in your pdf-file. I like it.

How do you use UI_INFIELD{2} for pageturning?
That interests me much.

The ui dimension is not limited in width since ArchiCAD 8; it is not documented but it works.
See example below:

(You have to deactivate the left parts of the object settings dialog, then you can stretch the remainig window to size and the ui gets wider too.)
Joachim Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 13.5 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Joachim,

I will answer you privately tomorrow, if you agree, too late for me tonight.
I, too, have some technical questions about your tutorial.
Because it is in German, may be i am missing some points.

About ui_infield{2}, i guess i am not the only one to use it.
There was a great example from LiHigh on this forum, and i feel other people can do the same.

For the second part of your post, yes, i remember a previous thread from yourself.
But this looks a bit like a workaround, don't you agree? I would like just more freedom in UI size for GDL scripters.
See you later.
Frank Beister
Advisor
But this looks a bit like a workaround,...
which GS could stop anytime and your objects will not work anymore.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
Anonymous
Not applicable
Joachim wrote:

www.a-null.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=000041
Hi Joachim,

I did a try with your method. Thanks for your explanations.
I used dummy ui_buttons, instead of ui_pict images, easy and fast to script.
Just added an ui_pict frame macro to "highlight" the buttons, because they are not grayed when clicked.
The turn page function is the same one as you describe in your tutorial, background boolean ui_infields.
This seems to me a good compromise.
Learn and get certified!