Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Is it possible creating circular & wrap around text?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok,

After 26 years I have made the move to computer drafting.. And yes. I am ecstatic about it!! Now, I am tired of hand stamping my drawings and want to create a "object" that I can place on my title block in PM.

Is there a way (in AC9) to create text to follow the curve of a circle like it is on my stamp?

Long winded for such a short question...
More coffee.........
Now.........

Thanks in advance

GJA
8 REPLIES 8
Dwight
Newcomer
While it is a non-archicad issue, in my jurisdiction, a fellow needs to be careful about NOT automatically stamping his drawings - in fact, the seal/stamp remains the property of the architect's institute. So check your regulations concerning this practice.

As for having text follow a curve - no.

You will place the letters individually along a curve.

I use an image scan of my stamp - it looks more authentic, there, with the smudge, thumb print and dead mosquito.
Dwight Atkinson
Stress Co_
Advisor
josh wrote:
Long winded for such a short question...
More coffee.........
Now.........
Like Dwight says.. keep it authentic looking....download this, Dwight inspired, object::lol:

http://archicad.saalmann.de/objects/kaffeefleck.html
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Dwight
Newcomer
When I was in my first job, the boss's coffee ring got built in as a set of spiral stairs.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is a company and link for stamps or jpg files. http://www.engineerseals.com/ Just give them your info: state, license, exp. date etc and they will send you a jpg file that you can import into plotmaker etc and I believe its $10.00. We have had very good success with this method for about five years now. All you have to do is sign.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can make text along any polyline (cured or not) using ArchiRuler!
See attached screenshot from ArchiRuler2.05 Help.pdf file.
Dwight
Newcomer
'sho nuff.

But if a guy needs to array thirty upper case letters in a circle, that is an expensive approach.

The quickest way to do this, btw, is to make a letter of median width, like an "A" and mutliply it in a circle to get an idea of the spacing, then replace the "A" with whatever is needed.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another alternative is creating "text in circle" object in MsWord and copy/paste into PM9 as Linked (OLE) object.
Then by wish to make Logo/stamp independent, it can be converted into .plt format.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Josh; We have a simple library part (Curved text.gsm) That does a wonderful jub of putting text on a curved line. If I remember correctly, we got this part with the Library in AC7. I don't know if it would be legal to send it to you. Does anyone know of it's origin, and author, and if it would be okay to post?