BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Is it possible to copy view sets between files?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Does anyone know if it´s possible to copy settings made in the Navigator window in ArchiCAD (i.e. the view sets) to another ArchiCAD model? It would be extremely helpful since I almost always work with several different houses in a project. Using a template from the beginning of a project could of course be helpful but I usually end up modifying the views several times during a project.
Andreas
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
...not as far as I know.

But you can merge the file you wan to change into a new blank template created from the file that has the views you want.
Miquel Garcia
Participant
Good point for a wish: a View Manager that allows to share view sets between different files in the same way that Attribute Manager allows to share attributes !
Miquel
Capella & Garcia Arquitectura
AC18 - AC21, iMac 27" 3.1 Ghz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram, OSX 10.13.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Matthew

It´s an pretty good workaround at least if I take the trouble to delete the sections in the merged file. Otherwise I get duplicates in the view set. I guess depends on how many views thats different if it´s worth the trouble or not.

I wonder too why it´s not a feature in the attribute manager!
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You can also turn on the Save Template function by editing your registry.

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Graphisoft>ArchiCAD>ArchiCAD 8.x>Navigator> and double-click on Save Template and change it to a 1.

This gives you an extra fly-out in your View Editor called 'Save Template File' next time you start ArchiCAD. This will create a file called PNTemplate.bin. Unfortunately I forget how to use this file, and don't have the time to research it this morning, so if anyone else knows, please feel free to post the answer!

As always back up your registry before modifying it and take care!

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!