Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Its 2021, surely AC has Ortho mode by now?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please tell me something has been implemented.
It really sucks having to use a different software for detailing, then importing into AC.

also....HOLDING DOWN SHIFT SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK (as you can not enter values while holding shift).
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
Arrived wrote:
It really sucks having to use a different software for detailing, then importing into AC.

There is nothing that locks you horizontal and vertical only if that is what you are after (apart from SHIFT key), but you have the snap guides that will lock you horizontal and vertical if you are close to them.

Arrived wrote:
also....HOLDING DOWN SHIFT SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK (as you can not enter values while holding shift).

Of course you can.
SHIFT+D ( or SHIFT+R does the same thing, D=Distance, R=Radius).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Barry Kelly
Arrived wrote:

There is nothing that locks you horizontal and vertical only if that is what you are after (apart from SHIFT key), but you have the snap guides that will lock you horizontal and vertical if you are close to them.

Arrived wrote:

Of course you can.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Arrived wrote:

Arrived wrote:

Of course you can.

Barry.
I must be missing something, Because I still can't enter a distance whilst shift is held down? I can alternate between distance / angle; but can not enter a value into ether of them unless I take my finger of shift.
Barry Kelly
Arrived wrote:
I must be missing something, Because I still can't enter a distance whilst shift is held down? I can alternate between distance / angle; but can not enter a value into ether of them unless I take my finger of shift.

Yes, SHIFT+D then let go.
Type distance then ENTER.

TAB will cycle through all of the tracker inputs or you can just click on one to choose it.
A=Angle
X=X distance
Y=Y distance

No need for SHIFT or D or X or Y at all if you have the guide snaps and the tracker on.
Just move in the direction you want (X or Y), get close to the guide snap and it will snap to horizontal or vertical, then just type distance.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!