Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

LET'S BRING THE FUN BACK

Djordje
Ace
... or your top ten ArchiCAD wishes.

Mine is in the topic title, all encompassing.

The particulars?

- concept modeling tool
- stair tool
- parametric object creation tool with graphical interface (doors and windows included)
- sloped top walls
- double curve curtain wall that also punches a hole in a wall
- true curved roofs
- assembly tools (railings, false ceiling, panelling ... yes, I know Curtain Wall can be used for this)
- overhaul of the annotation tools, especially correct dimensioning text orientation
- full backwards compatibility/old file opening and/or conversion tools (long life projects, anyone?)
- OLE (don't care that MacOS does not have it, Windows does not have other things)

And now, you ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
56 REPLIES 56
Anonymous
Not applicable
All of the above + bring back the arrow (selection) / tool toggle- Please!
Anonymous
Not applicable
About the new sheet (previously detail) tool, give us serious 2d tools:
1. Don't explode automatically, let us chose, at least to keep the objects / windows / doors as 2d "blocks"
2. "Block's manager" =>open in one click, graphic modifications, etc...
3. Change walls (or slabs in section) to "smart multiline" (I am reluctant to call it "2d wall") instead of exploded stuff (again), let us explode and clean after adjustment (if there is no need for adjustment, why going to 2d?)
4. 2d Boolean
5. and the other basic stuff that you should find for 2d drawing

Btw, I do not promote 2d drawing as a basic option. I prefer BIM but past experiences taught me that there is a time and a detail level when maintaining pure BIM is just too much work. Let's say when you start develop at 1/20 scale.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I posted a topic some weeks ago with my top wishes. It was called a "therapy", but isn't the wishes section a threrapy too? 😉
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=24767&postdays=0&postorder=desc&&start=10
Rakela Raul
Participant
I see everyone has diff priorities and types of work i guess !!!
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
I want a bunch of small stuff... :

- Directional or keyboard toggle selection method
- Stretch selected items mono-directionally (ie, all items in group can be stretched horizontally, not just at the moment where the marquee crosses, or stretched proportionally horizontally and vertically. If this is already possible, please let me know!)
- inject attributes into ALL SELECTED similar items, not just one at a time
- zone labels that show overall dimensions of the zone, not just square footage
- keynote "schedule" generated from labels, workable from all views (plan, elev, 3D)
- Flip Horizontal or Vertical, and rotate 90deg left or right along central axes (with keyboard commands, or in right-click menu) - Yes, I know that mirror and rotate do the same things, but they take more clicks and precision mousing.
- show/edit length of line/wall in Info Box.
- Doors and Windows can be on different layers (ie, "new" or "demolish") than the walls they're in.
- Translucent fills (set x% opacity)

And all the other stuff you guys have already said.

Especially visual interface GDL editing/creation.
Dennis Lee
Booster
IMO, This kind of list is going to get us nowhere. We need a SYSTEMATIC approach to gather, organize, vote and THEN getting a very specific list of wishes over to the GS side in some sort of an OFFICIAL way.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dennis wrote:
IMO, This kind of list is going to get us nowhere. We need a SYSTEMATIC approach to gather, organize, vote and THEN getting a very specific list of wishes over to the GS side in some sort of an OFFICIAL way.
That's exactly the point.
Currently, this thread looks more like a dream list (outlet? therapy?).
How GS would or could make any hierarchy among all these whishes? Stop to dream.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This thread does let us read in somewhat consolidated form, what others are thinking right now.
So it's not all neg. Thanks for T.R., thanks for all angle measure.,thanks for more speed in 12. thanks for this forum to rant. (good therapy,yes, but still frustrating that we don't get more G.S. involvement here).

Develop Stair tool that I drive not G.S.
(Especially REAL winder control).

Fully develop LightWorks capabilities.
(or at the very least give us real-time sliders).

DEVELOP US BASED LIBRARIES!!!
Like top of the line modern U.S. Kit. stuff;

U.S. based thresholds would be nice;

I really like Peters materials upgrade concept, at least as I think I understand it. To help me with alternate design changes clients ask for.
Bier
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dennis wrote:
We all know that but GS never used the wish section to create some king of "top of the list", "most wanted", "done" or whatsoever.
Why talking again about stairmaker? 10 "hot" wish list since 2004
So we are tired of filling the barrel of Danaidae, but sometimes, we are just wasting our time in the "catch-all" topic. Therapy?
No, just a break at work.
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Dennis wrote:
Amen to that! Creating a specific and focused list is the best way.
There are as many wishes as there are users and countries so sorting out the relevant wishes is a very important task.
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.