Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and Archicad?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone from G_soft say anything assuring about AC11 working under the about-to-be-released Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard?
150 REPLIES 150
Anonymous
Not applicable
And is it going to speedy enough to work on? I know I have to upgrade to the newest intel chips for the mac but in the inbetween time AC11 is unbearably slow on my 17" powerbook 1.67ghz G4 w/ 1 gig of ram.
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
And is it going to speedy enough to work on?
I doubt this somehow. Let's face it - it's like flogging a dead horse. G4 is a really aged processor already chocking on the current OS. CPU-hungry apps. will kark it
::rk
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
We have yet to see the final version of the Operating System, but we have been closely working together with Apple to make sure AC 11 is compatible.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Thomas Holm
Booster
Thanks. Gergely, that's important information. I trust you'll post known issues as soon as you've tested the final version!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
gkmethy wrote:
We have yet to see the final version of the Operating System, but we have been closely working together with Apple to make sure AC 11 is compatible.
Nice to hear you are on board
Joseph
owen
Newcomer
Assuming GS has had access (as a major Developer) to all the betas including the final Pre-release version .. if no major bugs have been unresolved at this stage then its probable the Final Release will be fine..
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Eduardo Rolon
Tested in PPC and Intel, so far it is working.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
yupeeee...
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
Tested in PPC and Intel, so far it is working.
And how about speed with Intel machine?