Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and Archicad?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone from G_soft say anything assuring about AC11 working under the about-to-be-released Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard?
150 REPLIES 150
Chazz
Enthusiast
Initial tests of AC 11 1086 on a MacBook Pro appear good.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Karl Ottenstein
owen wrote:
Assuming GS has had access (as a major Developer) to all the betas including the final Pre-release version .. if no major bugs have been unresolved at this stage then its probable the Final Release will be fine..
That's what one would think... but apparently Abvent had access to all of the betas, and Artlantis 1.2.6 worked fine on them, but will not work on the released Leopard. 😞

Good to hear from others here that 11 does work!

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Thomas Holm
Booster
Apparently, Apple has changed the Open GL implementation in Leopard, so it's no surprise that Artlantis needs tweaks. WHat is surprising is that they haven't announced this incompatibility until now!

This review http://arstechnica.com/reviews/os/mac-os-x-10-5.ars gives some details of what's changed in Leopard. Reommended!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
46cruisair wrote:
Can anyone from G_soft say anything assuring about AC11 working under the about-to-be-released Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard?
So far everything seems fine. Easy installation, no hiccups, only one application is misbehaving. Leopard seems like an excellent release at this stage.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
owen wrote:
apparently Abvent had access to all of the betas, and Artlantis 1.2.6 worked fine on them, but will not work on the released Leopard. 😞
Abvent released an Artlantis "Leopard" patch yesterday: http://artlantis.com/download/update/
Stress Co_
Advisor
Humm... I just got this from my reseller:
Picture 18.png
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
tdeschaumes
Participant
For me Archicad 11(1086) is not compatible with Leopard.
I have many problems with dwg files.
A new dialog appear when I try to attach an xref (sea attached file).
I hope that graphisoft will correct these problems quickly, while, I return to v10.4 !
Image 1.png
Thierry Deschaumes
ACD GIRARDET & associés
MacOS 10.8|AC16
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Stress wrote:
Humm... I just got this from my reseller:
I think it's generally for the best to exercise some caution. There may be no problems, but why rush? Let someone else check for you.

I've committed a couple machines to Leopard for testing ahead of other users, but for many there is no need to move so quickly. I'm enjoying the Leopard experience so far
Ralph Wessel BArch
owen
Newcomer
Since i upgraded to OSX 10.5 there seems to be a bug with the Cinema4D ArchiCAD Exchange add-on - both AC10 & 11 no longer recognize the ArchiCAD.bundle as an Add-On.

Reported to both GS & Maxon.

Anyone else run into this yet?
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Eduardo Rolon
Mine is working fine, though I upgraded to Leopard and the exchange plugin was working on 10.4 without problems.

Try to redownload the file if I remember correctly the last time I saw this was because the download had become corrupted.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator