Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Magic wand error

Anonymous
Not applicable
When the Graphisoft will solve annoying error when using magic wand to remove/add/or create fills or similar elements in 2d. When I'm trying to leave in this case, black flower, magic wand is not working in any area. ''Region not found at this area point'' is so annoying, because I have area, that is closed. Why they created magic wand if its not working properly?
10 REPLIES 10
Karl Ottenstein
First, please edit your Profile to include the version of AC you are using, your OS, etc as you can see in my and other posts.

Your problem is that your image is ridiculously bad. Attached is a zoom on part of a lightened up version of it, if you cannot see the issue in your original image.

As a highly compressed JPEG, you have compression artifacts glowing around everything. I'm guessing that that, combined with the lack of contrast, is the issue. It might also be the fact that your linework consists of single pixels because the image is so tiny.

Even the 'bucket' (magic wand-ish) in Photoshop cannot recognize your single pixel, compression-artifacted curved lines - only the vertical and horizontal ones.

Adobe Illustrator cannot trace your image either.

So, rather than go to Olivanders to buy a different wand, you need to generate a much better, clean image. The fault is not ArchiCAD's.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Barry Kelly
If it is actual lines in Archicad then the magic wand works quite well.
4 clicks - one inside each petal is all that is needed.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
First, please edit your Profile to include the version of AC you are using, your OS, etc as you can see in my and other posts.

Your problem is that your image is ridiculously bad. Attached is a zoom on part of a lightened up version of it, if you cannot see the issue in your original image.

As a highly compressed JPEG, you have compression artifacts glowing around everything. I'm guessing that that, combined with the lack of contrast, is the issue. It might also be the fact that your linework consists of single pixels because the image is so tiny.

Even the 'bucket' (magic wand-ish) in Photoshop cannot recognize your single pixel, compression-artifacted curved lines - only the vertical and horizontal ones.

Adobe Illustrator cannot trace your image either.

So, rather than go to Olivanders to buy a different wand, you need to generate a much better, clean image. The fault is not ArchiCAD's.
Hi. The picture have enough resolution to show what I'm talking about. If you read the post name, you will know that I'm talking about Magic Wand Error, and not about resolution, Photoshop, or similar thing. I don't know from where you get this conclusion. I know that is the ArchiCad error, and I will repeat: Magic Wand is bad and poor tool in Archicad, that is not working properly.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:

Barry.
thanks! But that I'm trying and its not working. So, it's not my problem. Cheers
Karl Ottenstein
milanche wrote:
Magic Wand Error, and not about resolution, Photoshop, or similar thing. I don't know from where you get this conclusion. I know that is the ArchiCad error, and I will repeat: Magic Wand is bad and poor tool in Archicad, that is not working properly.
There is no error with the magic wand. Your image is inadequate for use with any known software with auto select (magic wand) capabilities. Generate a better image and you'll be fine. I don't know what other details I can give you other than the zoomed view of your own noisy image.
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
milanche wrote:
Magic Wand Error, and not about resolution, Photoshop, or similar thing. I don't know from where you get this conclusion. I know that is the ArchiCad error, and I will repeat: Magic Wand is bad and poor tool in Archicad, that is not working properly.
There is no error with the magic wand. Your image is inadequate for use with any known software with auto select (magic wand) capabilities. Generate a better image and you'll be fine. I don't know what other details I can give you other than the zoomed view of your own noisy image.
I will ask you to not to write any response to my message if you have not read my initial post, because you are giving me answers that no make any sense to my question. The photo in attach is simple screenshot of what I'm trying to do in Archicad, the graphical explanation of what I'm pretending. I didn't mention any other software, just Archicad. And Archicad error.
Karl Ottenstein
Milanche,

I'm sorry that you don't like my answer, but you clearly do not understand it. If you persist in this thread, I will have to start deleting your posts or ban you from the forum. Arguing about something that you do not understand rather than learning is not the purpose of this forum.

Karl / moderator
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Milanche,

I'm sorry that you don't like my answer, but you clearly do not understand it. If you persist in this thread, I will have to start deleting your posts or ban you from the forum. Arguing about something that you do not understand rather than learning is not the purpose of this forum.

Karl / moderator
I think that threating is prohibited here. You may ban me or delete my posts, but I will contact forum Administrator, and Graphisoft Support, because you are trying to confuse me and other people, also insisting on use of other software I'm wondering how you become moderator, but I'm sure that you will not be for long time a Moderator. What is wrong with you man? Why you are insisting on some tools and pixels, like Illustrator or Photoshop, and on some low quality image that I posted here. That image is done by Windows Sniping tool, just to show the drawing shape what I'm trying to fill with Archicad Magic Wand, and is not working. I'm repeating 100x!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:

Barry.
You will se that I can fill 3 fields (petals), but other (0ne petal and 4 fields), Magic wand is showing me error about ,no region found. This issue is common when I'm working with curves. Also, when I have for example one ring (circle inside other circle), and trying to fill space between 2 circles, also the same issue...
c1.JPG