BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Make sketchup to morph into wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!
I am trying to import a model from sketchup to Archicad, whereas I make the model to a morph. After that I am trying to convert the morph into a wall , but can't make it work in the standard morph to wall procedure. Any ideas how to solve this?

Best, Adam
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Morphs cannot be converted into standard building elements such as walls. (What is this 'standard morph to wall procedure' you mention?)

SketchUp has had IFC capabilities for a few years now, so it is conceivable - although I haven't read of anyone doing it? - that if SU surfaces are identified as IFC walls and exported as IFC, that they might be able to be brought into AC as walls. I'd be surprised though.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can normally use the Connect - solid elements operator and choose the Morph as an operator and the wall as a target, which will make the morph into a standard wall.
Barry Kelly
Adam wrote:
You can normally use the Connect - solid elements operator and choose the Morph as an operator and the wall as a target, which will make the morph into a standard wall.

I think you will find it is still a wall and a morph when you select them in plan.
If you use SEO with "Addition" then in 3D it will select as one element and show you the properties of the wall.
You can change the wall but the morph portion will not change.
It is just a wall with a morph merged onto it.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!