Design forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Physical Properties (resistance etc)

methy
Newcomer
with the introduction of the property manager and the way that archicad uses building materials in v21 now I was just wondering is there an online resource I can use to obtain the accurate physical properties for various building materials (stone, timbers, glass, rubber, plastic, coated metal, insulations etc etc... I can input into ArchiCADs following dialouges:

Thermal conductivity _____ W/mk
Density_____kg/m3
Heat Capacity_____J/kgK
Embodied Energy_______MJ/kg
Embodied Carbon_______kgCO2/kg

Im sure this would be helpful in achieving accurate thermal calculations when doing building energy modelling or "Energy Evaluation" tool once I learn how to use it.
Jason Clark
Architectural Designer - LBP Des2
AC23 & (Twinmotion 2019 still has better library)
AC24 & (Twinmotion 2020.2)
2 REPLIES 2

Gorazd
Participant
You already have that, but it is tied to Building materials, which is the way it should be. Property manager and properties there are applied to entire element. For example wall is composed from several building materials, and they have physical properties.

Values are written in a file called materials.xml, which you can find in Graphisoft/ArchiCAD 21/Addons/Energy Evaluation folder. You can Edit that file and add your materials, but be carefull with formating. Real world valčues you have to obtain from manufacturers of building materials.
------

Gorazd Rajh

AC 25, i9, 32 GB RAM, nvidia RTX 2070, Win 10

ReignBough
Booster
I'm also looking for this and found it. You can use ACAPI_Attribute_GetPropertyDefinitions (and related functions) starting AC23.
~ReignBough~
ARCHICAD 24 INT 4018 FULL (from AC18)
Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 32.0GB RAM, 64-bit OS

Didn't find the answer? Start a new discussion

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!