BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Migration Issue

AndrewKozy
Beginner

Hello,

I was working on migrating my template file from 25 to 26 and everything seemed to be going fine. When I finished there were missing library parts, namely a lot of doors and windows. When looking at the library parts, they gave different names between 25 and 26. 25 and previous versions had them named "D1 25" whereas 26 has them named "Door 26" this is a similar problem with the windows. I know the migration has to do with the item number not the name, but I think that maybe has changed as well. When I tried exporting my door GSMs and putting them in a library it recognized them and repopulated my favorites except now the doors don't have a 2d or 3d graphic and just look invisible. I haven't found a way to fix this and was wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue. The only thing that seems like it would work is  recreating all of my window and door favorites manually in 26, but I feel as though my 25 doors should transfer to 26 doors like all of my other objects.

I have attached screenshots. Thanks.

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 1.09.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-07-20 at 1.09.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-07-20 at 1.09.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-07-20 at 1.15.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-07-20 at 1.14.58 PM.png
5 REPLIES 5

I thought this was an issue way back in Archicad 20 when 19 was upgraded. The doors underwent a change and couldn’t be upgraded. I have upgraded our AC25 template to AC26 with no issues at all. The only object I had fail to upgrade was the tall back chair. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

You wouldn’t have noticed this problem before if you have the migration libraries loaded. Adding the migration libraries will fix the missing object issue but its worth taking the time to upgrade and swap out the outdated doors and windows to newer versions. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
Barry Kelly

I am not sure what language version you are running, but it sounds like you may have a file from USA language and you have opened it with the INT library loaded (or the other way around or some other combination of languages).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Not sure if you solved the issue, but I was having a similar problem. I had USA versions of both AC25 and AC26 (Apple Silicon). When Barry mentioned the library versions, I checked AC26 and my library seemed to be the INT version, even though I installed the Apple Silicon version from scratch recently. I then uninstalled and reinstalled, and sure enough, now I have the USA libraries again. I suspect the first version of the Silicon install came packaged with the wrong library. Hope you came to the same conclusion!

MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max 64GB ram
OS X 12.4
AC26 - AC6.5

The initial Apple Silicon 'Preview' release was INT only as far as I know.

Only now are the other language versions being released.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!