Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Migration Scripts and variables

Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi there

I have a question regarding GDL variables (not Parameters) and migration scripts.

Suppose that there are a number of variables that I have scripted in the GDL scripts, and I need to change them, can I make the migration script change them ??

Thank you in advance
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
Not that I am aware of.
The migration script can set parameter values at the time the migration occurs, but if you have other values set by scripts in the object, the migration can have no effect on them.

Having said that, your migrated object is a new object and it will have new scripts, so you can set new values in those scripts to what ever you want.
This of course will affect existing placed objects as they are migrated, which may or may not be your intention.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly
Not that I am aware of.
The migration script can set parameter values at the time the migration occurs, but if you have other values set by scripts in the object, the migration can have no effect on them.

Having said that, your migrated object is a new object and it will have new scripts, so you can set new values in those scripts to what ever you want.
This of course will affect existing placed objects as they are migrated, which may or may not be your intention.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Nader Belal
Mentor
Yhnak you Barry
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!