BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Missing Library Part or image -

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!
I'll start by saying that I use my own template (I created it starting from a basic templated with materials translated in my language and am editing it when necessary).

In the last few months I encountered a problem (from one version of my template to another). I have a list of missing Library Parts or Images.

Basically something is creating me about 80 new surfaces and fills and I cannot find how to solve the error. I've tried 'delete and replace' from attribute manager for both the surfaces and the fills and for the moment the error goes away. I save the .pln, save a new instance of .tpl but when I open the new .tpl the missing library parts appear again.
I tried to delete the embedded library and it does not solve the problem. If I save a .pla file i revise the message that there are some macros or library parts missing and the Report is showing me a long list of the same surfaces.

HELP!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
I see they are in italic font in your attribute manager.
This means they are being automatically created by a MASTER_GDL object in one of your loaded libraries.
You will not be able to stop this unless you track down and delete that MASTER_GDL object.

Or find those texture files and add them to a loaded library.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you checked this post? https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=48194
You can find more information in the Library Manager on the bottom part (Where the loading report appears).
Hope this helps.
Barry Kelly
You simply have a library (or maybe more than one) missing - a library with the textures is not loaded in the new template.
Open the old version and go to the Library Manager to see what libraries are loaded.
You will need to load the same pones in your new template.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the answer. I know I have a library part missing.

My problem is that I don't know how to find it and delete it. And I don't have any other new libraries imported since the las version of .tpl that didn't have this error. The only thing different is that I added a few .jpeg to the embedded library that I tripple checked for errors anf those are not it..

I tried to import all the libraries that I have on my computer and all I get are duplicates and the missin files are still there..

How cand I find those missing parts and replace/delete them for good?? And replacing them from atribut manager doesn't work because they are "recreated" when I reopen my .pln/ .tpl

Thank you,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Braza wrote:
Have you checked this post? https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=48194
You can find more information in the Library Manager on the bottom part (Where the loading report appears).
Hope this helps.
I have read the toppic. It doesn't help me because even if I replace the missing files in Atribute Manager they are recreted when I reopen my .tpl/.pln file.
Barry Kelly
Psyche wrote:
How cand I find those missing parts and replace/delete them for good?? And replacing them from atribut manager doesn't work because they are "recreated" when I reopen my .pln/ .tpl

Open your Library manager and look at the warnings.
Choose one and click on 'More Information'.
It will probably say that the texture file is missing from a surface.
You need to edit that surface and either delete the texture completely or replace it with another.

If that is not it can you show a similar screen shot (as my attached) of your Library Manager showing the 'More Info' for one of the missing attributes.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I did that and found the surface. I deleted and replaced them using Atribute Manager and the problem is solved for the moment. I save and close the .tpl and when I open it again I have the same missing surfaces message.
Solution
Barry Kelly
This means they are being automatically created by a MASTER_GDL object in one of your loaded libraries.
You will not be able to stop this unless you track down and delete that MASTER_GDL object.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
If I remember well, these attributes are related with Piiroinen Furniture Library.
Hope this helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I found the master.gdl and deleted it and it solved the problem! Knowing the name of the object helped a lot because I know what to search for.

Thank you so much for the help given!

Barry wrote:

Barry.
Learn and get certified!