Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Morph pet palette

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I was using the morph tool just fine. push/pull/etc.

But now the morph pet palette has changed and these options are not available anymore. The only options are

Weirdly however, whenI start a new project the morph pet palette is back to normal.

I have included screenshots of the missing pet palette and the normal pet palette.

Any suggestions on why this is the case?

Many thanks,

Sui
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mark your object and take "Boolean operations - Union", that would help most of the time.
Karl Ottenstein
Are you sure you have the Morph Tool active and have moused down on a face? The pet palette varies depending on what you've clicked on.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the tip Turboglider. Will give it a try next time it happens.

Karl: I tried that option along with the clicking nodes, edges, even trying with and without the morph tool selected. Thanks for the suggestion though.

*I have just rebuilt it in another instance of archicad and have had no further problems so far. Strange one.

Cheers
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have seen this problem.
I don't remember which one fixed it: it was either restarting ArchiCAD, or it was starting a new Project with New & Reset, then opening the Project again. Or it could have been reapplying the Standard Work Environment.

But in any case, I will let GS know about this.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
You can change the Morph's geometry type to hidden (Design menu/ Modify Morph/ Hidden Morph Geometry). It results that there will be less editing options available from pet palette.
For details, see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to67T3U2aVg&list=PL1196509B1C879ACD&index=59&feature=plpp_video
Katalin Takacs
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
JaredBanks
Mentor
Just had this problem myself. That was annoying. Thanks for the answer Katalin! Time to write a blog post or ArchiCADwiki about this. I'm sure we won't be the last to come across this.

I discovered it when I opened a v15 project in v16. Perhaps that (Morph's geometry type to hidden (Design menu/ Modify Morph/ Hidden Morph Geometry) is a default when opening old projects?
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
On a loosely connected subject has anyone experience it where you select the front face to edit but the cursor actually starts editing/selects the back face behind?
JaredBanks
Mentor
Two things...

yes I've had that happen. Or I tried to pick a front line and got the back line instead. I assume it's just my clumsy clicking getting used to the new tool. Like when new users can never select anything. Just a matter of adjusting a little bit. Or at least that's what I'll assume until I've used it enough and have a more developed opinion.

Here's the blog post + video I just did on the Morph Pet Palette issue discussed here. http://www.shoegnome.com/2012/07/16/morph-pet-palette-madness/
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome