BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Notification about incoming request in TW

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any way of making requests/messages in teamwork more visible - even when not in the file? What I usually do (and what I advice to my colleagues to do as well) is that I move the request popup window to the middle of the workspace, so that the next time when it pops up, I can not miss it.

But the problem is when I work on several files at once and I'm in another file at the time. For bigger project we commonly use extra module files, extra file for situation plan, worksheet file, etc. And as a larger office, my colleague can sit 50 meters away from me or on another floor.

So it sometimes happens that I don't see any request and my colleagues must wait until I get back to the other TW file and see the request there. Isn't there a better way? Some sort of popup window/notification/flashing Archicad icon on the taskbar?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
In conjunction to Christophe's suggestion, you could try use the Ease of Access options in Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10571/windows-use-text-visual-alternative-sounds

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Hello,

You can activate sound to have a bell notification

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Christophe, I didn't know about this option. I'll give it a try. Although I would still prefer if there was some visual notification so that I don't have to disturb others that much when I'm sitting without headphones.
I understand but I do not think there is another solution
When your work into a parameter window, the teamwork notifications are not visible
I wonder if macos could relay archicad teamwork notification by automator ?
http://www.automatedworkflows.com/2012/08/26/display-notification-center-alert-automator-action-1-0-0/

And MacOS is able to do a flash on your screen to notify you about a sound you don't hear or you can't hear
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
In conjunction to Christophe's suggestion, you could try use the Ease of Access options in Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10571/windows-use-text-visual-alternative-sounds

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Perfect, I think the Archicad sounds and Windows' Ease of Access is the way to go for me.
Thanks for the tips!
Learn and get certified!