Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Objects that can change with each frame of fly-through?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Forum,

I'm experienced with creating fly-throughs in ArchiCAD but whenever I create a fly-through, I've always wandered if I will ever check that 'Rebuild Model for Each Frame' box

Can you help me which objects can change per frame of a fly-through and where abouts I would change the settings for these.

Many thanks!

Sui.
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
Some objects are scripted to be animated in which case you would use this option. Also Bitmap trees / people objects that need to always face the camera will require this too.

Examples:
Cadimage Door and Window Builder doors (can open as the camera approaches)
Objectstop's Archipuppet (and others)
Various cars are also scripted to move, wheels rotate etc.
Anonymous
Not applicable
cheers for the reply s2art.

Are there any free objects? I'm assuming they dont have any in the default archCAD library. Its just that my students (and mysef!) would never be able to afford professional objects!

Thanks again.

Sui
Erika Epstein
Booster
Many of those producing Add-ons and libraries for AC offer free versions for students. Check out their website for Objective, cadimage etc.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is how simple the GDL code would look like. Each new frame (GLOB_FRAME_NR) the object will move the distance of DistanceOfOneStep further in direction X. Paste this at the top of any 3D script.
ADDX GLOB_FRAME_NR*DistanceOfOneStep
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Master Script

Can I move ArchiCAD's default objects by just adding
ADDX GLOB_FRAME_NR*DistanceOfOneStep
?

I've tried it but I'm not sure if it's possible.

*Plus, I've been searching for free animated objects to use in Artlantis and its very limited out there! But great thanks for everyone pointing me in the right directions.

Thanks again.

Sui
Anonymous
Not applicable
Why would you need a moving chair? Are you animating a bar brawl?
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
"Are you animating a bar brawl?"
Now that got me laughing out loud!
Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
now thats an idea! ha!

but s2art, if that was a genuine question then yes. i also need a few flying forks. its also handy for moving cars too i guess.

is there a way to make individual components move...master script?e.g. chair legs?

sui

ps. this message is sent via my nintendo we as a test!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah… the ole haunted house trick.