BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Possible Grid Tool bug?

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have recently upgraded to AC12 and were please to hear that the Grid Tool was no longer a goodie and was fully supported in Archicad. Unfortuantely, I feel we may have found a bug that is more annoying than before. For some apparent reason when a file is converted to Teamwork all the grid lines stagger in elevation and Section views. You have the abiilty to straighten them out but when you switch views and then return they revert back to staggered. Obviously, we can not go back to a solo project as we have several people working on this project.

Now, in order to determine it was not a product of the previous grid tool in AC11 we deleted the grid and placed a brand new grid in AC12. Unfortunately problem does not go away.

Seems to be a bug but maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance.
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Possibly a bug? There was someone else with the same problem here if it's any help -

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=133284
Anonymous
Not applicable
I confirm that I am having similar problems with the Grid tool. Offset bubbles in sections. Random disappearing Grid lines. Locked or unchangeable settings in the Grid Tool settings window.

I am using a template file that was originally created in ArchiCAD 10 and has been updated over the years to 12. All works fine in this file except the grid tool.

Additionally, my problems began after Teamworking the project
Anonymous
Not applicable
Daniel,

our problems only come up when projects are converted to teamwork. i'm hoping Graphisoft corrects this soon.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We just gave up on the grid tool in AC11. Utterly useless. I behaves erratically in Teamwork. It locks itself, when you unlock it to adjust it for an elevation or a section, it reverts. It changes lightweight. When you try to change it, it reverts to some other grid identity. To actually change the settings, you have to change the settings, close the view and re-open the view (no, "rebuild from model does not work)
Dimension appear in elevations and sections and when you delete the dimensions it reappears on the next rebuild. Arghhh!
IMO Graphisoft totally phoned this one in. Does not sound like it was fixed in AC12. This is typical of their inability to fix tools before they come out with more gadgets that don't work and is frustrating to say the least.

...does anyone know how to say "fix this bug" in Hungarian.

Tomas
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tomas,

I agree the tool has it's bugs. We simply could not use it in 11. From what I could gather in Release 11 the Grid tool was part of the Goodies and Graphisoft did not support it. While in release 12 they are supporting the tool. I have reported this as a bug in 12 and they assure me they are working on it. Well see what the result is but I'm hopeful they can get it straightened out. The tool has some great pluses if they get it fixed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just can't believe they have not fixed it yet. This is a very basic and important tool for anyone working on a base building. I'm sure the guys writing the code to make it work would argue that it is difficult to actually make it work, but to offer it up and a a year and half later, still have a useless tool is just bewildering.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tomas wrote:
Tomas
"erősít ez rovar"

Grid tool sounded great on paper but we turfed it as soon as we began to use it. Could not find a way around these problems
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Charlee wrote:
Tomas wrote:
Tomas
"erősít ez rovar"

Grid tool sounded great on paper but we turfed it as soon as we began to use it. Could not find a way around these problems
"erősít ez rovar" actually means: this insect strengthens. Close, but not quite
Fix this bug in Hungarian is:

Javítsátok ki ezt a hibát!
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
Charlee wrote:
Tomas wrote:
Tomas
"erősít ez rovar"

"erősít ez rovar" actually means: this insect strengthens. Close, but not quite
Fix this bug in Hungarian is:

Javítsátok ki ezt a hibát!
hahaha... how appropriate!
Thanks for the correction laszlonagy
Learn and get certified!