Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Precision

Does anyone know why this happening ?

Where it became this 1 millimetre from 32000mm ?

Can I lock measures for be precise for Integer number ?
AC 7 - 27 SWE

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020),

3,6 GHz 10-Core intel Core i9, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
12 REPLIES 12
Barry Kelly
Vojtech wrote:
Nice you are right I have exactly 20000.4 and 12000,4 ( How did you know that is this number )

Lucky guess.
I will be putting in my lotto numbers tonight!

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Vojtech wrote:

You can go to the "View > Grid & Editing Plane Options > Grids & Background" Dialog, and there set the Snap Grid to 1 mm for both X and Y direction. Then turn ON the "View> Grid Snap" toggle.

There is one caveat though: you will snap to the Snap Grid even if you are drawing non-orthogonally. In that case, you should input distances and angles accurately using the Tracker to get the result you want, otherwise, Archicad will snap to the Snap Grid, which can cause slight inaccuracies in placement.
So, the use of the Snap Grid offers the most advantages when creating orthogonal geometries.

Actually, there is another caveat, too: the smart cursor will not find element nodes and edges unless they fall exactly on the Snap Grid. In that case, you again have to turn off Grid Snap to find those element nodes/edges.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Thanks this is such good idea

LaszloNagy wrote:
Vojtech wrote:

You can go to the "View > Grid & Editing Plane Options > Grids & Background" Dialog, and there set the Snap Grid to 1 mm for both X and Y direction. Then turn ON the "View> Grid Snap" toggle.

There is one caveat though: you will snap to the Snap Grid even if you are drawing non-orthogonally. In that case, you should input distances and angles accurately using the Tracker to get the result you want, otherwise, Archicad will snap to the Snap Grid, which can cause slight inaccuracies in placement.
So, the use of the Snap Grid offers the most advantages when creating orthogonal geometries.

Actually, there is another caveat, too: the smart cursor will not find element nodes and edges unless they fall exactly on the Snap Grid. In that case, you again have to turn off Grid Snap to find those element nodes/edges.
AC 7 - 27 SWE

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020),

3,6 GHz 10-Core intel Core i9, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB