BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Project Origin and Real World Coordinates

Anonymous
Not applicable
Could someone explain and/or point me in the right direction for details on the Archicad coordinate system please.

Having moved from Revit and being a new Archicad user, I'd like to wrap my head around the equivalent processes/workflows.

To explain my Revit workflow/understanding:

There is a project basement and a survey base point (real world coordinates).

I have the corner of the building as my project basepoint and ground floor level as 0.00. Using OS/survey data I relate my project to real world coordinates, Northing, Easting, Height above sea level and rotation from North (the terms are Project North and True North in Revit).

In any view I can then alternate between Project North (generally square on) and True North (real world North).

It also lets me tag heights/coordinates and either show project heights (e.g. with GFL as 0.00 or real world heights with GFL at 20.01).

I've had a little look into project preferences and I've set them to the values from the first survey station point on the topo but I'd like to properly wrap my head round what the best approach is, along with what I can and can't do.

One other issue is that my model is a distance away from the origin which means I am currently having to drag any trace references so that they sit under my model and I'd like to tidy that all up.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
A good question, no aswer. Anyone...?
Lingwisyer
Guru
If you are wanting to use Real World Referencing for topo, Erwin brought up that there is a "Survey Point Origin" object in the Dutch library, which I assume there is equivalent for in other libraries.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!