Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.
SOLVED!

RHINO 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I can see that Rhino 7 doesn't recognise ArchiCAD live connection. Is there a way to make it work or how shall I do it?

Frank
29 REPLIES 29
Czaja
Participant
Just wanted to give it another try but seeing that there is still no connection to Rhino 7 says a lot about the vitality of this project. Unfortunately...
runxel
Legend
Czaja wrote:
Just wanted to give it another try but seeing that there is still no connection to Rhino 7 says a lot about the vitality of this project. Unfortunately...
I think what's happening in the background with the advent of the JSON API is quite obvious, programmatically spoken.
So, I doubt the connection is truly dead. I thought so too, initially, but I was convinced otherwise
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Tormenta4
Booster
It is so disappointing that even with the release of Archicad 25 the Grasshopper connection has not been updated yet to support Rhino 7 officially. I really don't understand the reasons behind this almost a year since version 7 was released.
Archicad 25, MacBook Pro M1 Max, macOS Monterrey.
furtonb
Advisor
BTW, he import-export capabilities of AC25 now extend to Rhino 7:

Hopefully the GH connection will follow soon...
odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The Grasshopper-Archicad 24 Live Connection now supports Rhino 7:

https://graphisoft.com/downloads/addons/interoperability/rhino

The Grasshopper-Archicad 25 Live Connection is also coming soon, according to the web page.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Laszlo,  I've recently downloaded a 90 day evaluation license for Rhino 7 on a Mac to see if its something I want to use going forward.  I was very excited to see the above post, but I am having trouble getting the connection to work.

This is how the add-on palette appears in ArchicadScreen Shot 2021-09-05 at 08.57.30.png

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Stuart Clark

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB

macOS 11.1

Archicad 24 5000 UKI

Using Archicad since 1998

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Unfortunately, I will not be able to check this as I do not have Rhino 7 on my computer and I am not on Mac.

You might want to report this to your local reseller if this issues does not get resolved.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

updates soon...

Hi Stuart,

Thank you very much for your question!

From my experience, this issue happens if you don't have the latest update for Archicad 24 installed, which is 6004. Could you please download and install the latest build here and let us know if it fixes the problem?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

The GH-AC Live Connection for AC25 with Rhino 7 support is now available on the same page.

James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager