BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Reflected Ceiling plan

Tom Krowka
Booster
Can't get the ceiling materials to show a fill above the cut plane. Am trying to show different ceiling textures in RCP. The materials have fills assigned, but no show..

Thanks.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
13 REPLIES 13
Erika Epstein
Booster
If you made them with slabs, did you CHECK-OFF Cover fills in the Info/Settings box so they will show? Leaving use fill of surface material checked will show the assigned fill pattern of the material.

Also, check your MVOs so there are no overrides selected.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Tom Krowka
Booster
Actually, it's a roof element used as a sloped ceiling. Cover fill is on. it is on the current story....MVO has no overrides; I've checked the fill to be sure it is a drafting fill, has appropriate pens assigned....I think it's cause the plan looks down. If I move the roof below the cut plane it shows up. I have the cut plane set to offset 12 feet up, which should be adequate to include the roof, but no dice.

Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Make the roof Outline Only instead of Projected.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Tom,
I am not able to reproduce your described problem. Why don''t you post some screen shots of settings
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Tom Krowka
Booster
Hey, the outlines only setting did the trick. Thanks.

Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
What does RCP mean? How can this ceiling plan be made?
Diana wrote:
What does RCP mean? How can this ceiling plan be made?
RCP=Reflected Ceiling Plan

"a reflected ceiling plan (RCP) is a drawing, which shows the items that are located on the ceiling of a room or space. It is referred to as a reflected ceiling plan since it is drawn to display a view of the ceiling as if it was reflected onto a mirror on the floor. This way the reflected ceiling plan has the same orientation as the floor plan associated with it. It is as if the ceiling was see-through and you could see right through it to the floor below."

http://www.wikihow.com/Read-a-Reflected-Ceiling-Plan

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Steve,

Is possible anybody to upload a sample image with a RCP plan?

Thank you!!

Shot at 2011-10-11

This seems like an unusual request. If you have access to the internet you can just do a search for reflected ceiling plan and you will find many examples. Is there something specific you want to know about reflected ceiling plans ? Perhaps some tips on how to make one?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Learn and get certified!