BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Regular Crash w/ AC10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I Submitted to tech support earlier but no answer, so trying here as well

HP Pavilion ZD7000 laptop
XP pro SP2 and up to date
3.2 GHz P4 HT, 2 GB Ram
Nvidia GeGorce Go 5700 Fx Driver Ver. 5.4.0.5 (I think this is the latest ver as the HP update site says all is current. The Nvidia site seems to indicate that there could be a newer version but it doesn't seem to be compatible)
ArchiCAD 10 with latest (9/1/06) Update
ArchiCAD 9 still installed

Program regularly crashes under multiple actions, but at least one common thread is some change in what is being displayed in the work environment. Typical scenarios

1. Opening the Favorites Palettes and docking it beneath the Navigator. Usually happens with a file open, but can happen just after start up.
2. Opening one of the interactive training files. (I have burned these to DVD and use them on the desktops at school with no problem...so probably not bad files??). This doesn't always happen, but is fairly regular.
3. Opening one of the pre-set views in the training guide file. Most recently with section 4.9. I then tried to reopen the file after starting the program, and the program crashes.

Unfortunatley, I'm new to AC, so I don't have other files to test this with asides from the training files. Nevertheless I'm getting very wary of using AC on at least this computer.

I know there has been some craziness (complete system crash) with this computer model and Photoshop, but that seems to be related to mismatched RAM card size and possibly Hyperthreading. I know AC doesn't rely on HT, and my cards match, so any thoughts??? Something about this video card??
5 REPLIES 5
Petros Ioannou
Contributor
Probably it has to do with the Nvidia FX Go graphic cards of these machines. There are a lot of problems with openGL and HP hasn't come up with an fix. AFAIK Nvidia does not provide any support for these cards.
I tried to run a demo of Artlantis Studio on a ZD 7000 and it couldn't even start the application-Always an OpenGL related crash!

Petros
ArchiCAD 22 4023 UKI FULL,
Archicad 21 6013 UKI FULL, ArchiCAD 20 8005 UKI FULL
iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB
Petros Ioannou
Contributor
So it seems that
openMIND has an openGL problem.

just joking
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks, althought this does not sound good and is building on my own suspicions....did I say open mind? I think its changing to warped mind.....SomeonePLEASE tell me that there is an answer to this asides from another couple grand for a system that might work next time. There's got to be a better way with these so called standards. Any other ideas out there???

Petros Ioannou
Contributor
Well If the problem iIS the graphics driver maybe a visit to

www.laptopvideo2go.com

might help you.

Be carefull that you can use these drivers at your own risk.
I used the latest 91.47 at my zd7300 and it works fine (up to this moment).

Petros
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. I THINK this is working. I went with 91.47 as well although I've come across a couple of posts on that site that note version 67.66 as being the last update of signifigance involving the Ge FX cards. I think it may be due to file size more than anything else (it's about half of the latest driver). When I have more time (hah!) I may experiment, but going with what is working for the moment. At any rate, I've been able to get files open again and have the program stay open while I work. I'm still cautious, but I'm coming back around. Geez, how is it that computing is supposed to be more precise, but the art of getting them to run properly is so inexact??
Learn and get certified!