BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Report error - library object - wrong vert index

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Our office is working on interior design so furniture needs to be the actual one (can't work with placeholders)
We imported an object that keeps returning "wrong vert index" error. Do you know what it means and how I can fix it?
Also, the report sais "wrong vert index at line 521"& "wrong vert index at line 668". I opened the library part and looked at the script. The thing is this object has less than 100 lines in the 3D script so there is no line 521 or line 668.

This project is modeled in Archicad 22
64-bit operating system

Thank you,
Ana Matei
1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
So, you are saying that after importing, the resulting GDL Object gives this message? Then I believe the conversion process was not successful if it resulted in a faulty GDL Object. Does the GDL Object appear in 2D or 3D? Is there any useful geometry generated?

GDL Objects have the Master Script, which is executed as part of other scripts, like the 2D script, 3D script. So probably the lines within the Master Script are also included in the Line Count. You would have to deduct the number of lines found in the Master Script to calculate which line in the 3D script LIne 521 is?

The info about the VERT command in GDL can be found here:

http://gdl.graphisoft.com/reference-guide/primitive-elements

Maybe if you ZIP the GDL file and post it here, we can take a look at it, but I am not certain it can be fixed if this is the state it is in right after conversion.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!