Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Request: MEP - Improvement of Cable Trays

Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi everyone,

I would like to suggest that Graphisoft do improve it's standard Cable Trays & Ladder that is supplemented with MEP AddOn.

The Improvement that I ask for are:
1. Same capability for (Insert Node) Option of those available to ducts, including the capacity to move those new nodes around, and not be constricted to the initial axis that were used for the initial conception.

2. More flexibility to raise or to lower each node, and not as they are now that they are related to the length of the tray.

3. Straight Cable Bend & Ladder.

4. That the values within the Cable Tray and ladder can be injected from one to another safely without the inconvenience of changing the configuration.

Why I´m asking for those improvement ?
The current library parts are good enough and somewhat flexible if the routes of those trays are to be drawn for the first time for a new installation, but not good enough and constricting if you were modelling them from a referenced media, such as point cloud.

Thank you

PS: I'm asking for the same, or almost the same flexibility that is available with ducts
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Moonlight,

I think you have better chances to be heard from GS if you put this as a wish in the Wishlist (with a pole) or in the
MEP PRODUCT RESEARCH topic.

Cheers,
Nader Belal
Mentor
Thank you @Braza

I will write it there, even when Lazlo have already copied the link.
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.