Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

Rhino.Inside

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I have been informed about Rhino.Inside and apparently you can directly use Rhino inside Revit and other products. I was wondering if such tool will be available inside ArchiCAD too?

Best regards,

Frank
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable
LaszloNagy wrote:
Hmm, that is interesting.
Do you know for a fact that he specifically said that Rhion.Inside ARCHICAD is coming?
Or do you speculate that it is coming based on the #graphisoft and #archicad hashtags present in the LinkedIn post?

Not the hashtags, but one of the photos show this slide:
https://media-exp1.licdn.com/dms/image/C4E22AQEWnKccqxn0lw/feedshare-shrink_2048_1536/0?e=1584576000&v=beta&t=DGR4JGU8aNHdPeBdJ0_BgURrjL4LC9grmumS51yTIyk
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
OK, thanks for the image.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, just confirmed in Rhino.Inside discourse, that there is NO plans for Rhino.Inside Archicad

https://discourse.mcneel.com/t/rhino-inside-archicad/93421/8
TMA_80
Enthusiast
No ArchiCAD signs there:
http://www.aecbytes.com/feature/2020/Rhino-Inside-Revit.html

Maybe it means that the GS connection is already Good enough !
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
I certainly hope that is not the case, since current connection lacks soooo many functionality. For example, one can not access parameters of the object nor change them, only design new elements. We need tools which would speed up "information" part of the bim workflow.
runxel
Legend
Petar.Pejic wrote:
I certainly hope that is not the case, since current connection lacks soooo many functionality. For example, one can not access parameters of the object nor change them, only design new elements. We need tools which would speed up "information" part of the bim workflow.
I think they already work on making the connection truly bi-directional. Just seems to be a bigger task.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
runxel wrote:
I think they already work on making the connection truly bi-directional. Just seems to be a bigger task.

Could you share the source of that information with us? I would be interested to know, I myself have not heard of anything like this but would be happy to hear that such plans exist.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
runxel
Legend
LaszloNagy wrote:
Could you share the source of that information with us? I would be interested to know, I myself have not heard of anything like this but would be happy to hear that such plans exist.
Well, to be honest this is just what I expected.
It would harm this ecosystem, if they wouldn't work on that...
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree. It is strange that graphisoft has declared a collaboration with mcneel years ago, and that connection is still rough and lacks in basic functionality, while revit decided to go with own visual programming solution (dynamo). All of the sudden, rhino and grasshopper are supported inside revit via rhino.inside while archicad is stuck with its previous solution. Maybe the right way to go was to enable rhino inside archicad as well, instead of developing new software connection. Rhino.inside looks like a way more elegant solution to me (I am not software engineer, so I do not know the background code necessary to run it).
It would be really nice if we could get some response from graphisoft what is the plan regarding rhino and grasshopper integration.
leceta
Expert
graphisoft has declared a collaboration with McNeel
I always had thought that this was a unilateral declaration, never heard anything of the kind from the other part. After McNeel made rhino.inside public in late 2018, it was evident to me that this has been commercial propaganda, a fiction. That all development effort has been done exclusively from the Graphisoft part. Otherwise, what was concretely the part of McNeel on this "collaboration"? technical assistance? The same/similar technical assistance that I can have as McNeel customer??

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!