Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Roof Pitch Loses Accuracy when Changing Pitch Display to Degrees?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey team --

The crux of my issue is that there seem to be missing decimal places in my Roof pitch parameter when I change the pitch display from "x:12" to degrees. This becomes an issue when I create angled beams and want them to exactly match the roof pitch, but I'm limited to 2 decimal places for the beam and can't get it to quite match the roof. (see att; apologies for the quality)

I figured out that if I enter the roof pitch manually in degrees, this is no longer a problem. But since this adds a step to my workflow (and it could easily trip up unsuspecting users and give them misaligned elements), I waned to check if this is a known problem? Could the solution be as simple as adjusting my global units so that more decimal places are shown for the roof pitch? But as far as I know, my control of unit rounding doesn't extend to element settings or parameters.

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
bdose:

Go to Project Preferences > Working Units > Angle Unit and change the Decimals to 4. This only affects the dialog box units, the dimensioning units are controlled under Project Preferences > Dimensioning... I have most of my Working Units set to the maximum decimals to help with maintaining accuracy as I work.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14