Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Roof Surfacer AC 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I anoint the roof on both sides of a ridge with the standing seam--AC 7 Library_Add on Library_Roof accessory_roof_surfacer, I'm unable to convince the patterns to line up, i.e. "mirror". Is there a fix-it that anyone has discovered?

Thanks,

Wally
12 REPLIES 12
Djordje
Ace
Wally wrote:
When I anoint the roof on both sides of a ridge with the standing seam--AC 7 Library_Add on Library_Roof accessory_roof_surfacer, I'm unable to convince the patterns to line up, i.e. "mirror". Is there a fix-it that anyone has discovered?
Did you try literal mirroring a copy or is it impossible due to roof geometry?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Delete the offending surhace object ...then Mirror the correct surfacer object.
It happened to me once
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the replies, however when I mirror the surface it does not conform to the shape of the new side and appears to not to have any editorial functions such as a pet palette. I'm working on a gable roof with different dormers each side. If it looks like a fill shouldn't it act like a fill?

Cheers,

Wally
Anonymous
Not applicable
Then your going to have to use a fill in plan .
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Are you speaking of the 2d pattern? or the actual 3d seams?

I have found that the center of the PIVOT line governs the actual 3d. So you should only have to drag them to be directly opposing. On a Hip, you will need to have the centers on the same projection from the hip.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try as I might I can't make this Add-on behave like a fill in either 2D or 3D. Selected as a library part with Display Options on for fill handles doesn't bring up any such handle. With pivot lines on for roofs sliding the pivot line sideways looks as if it's going to be successful, but again, no cigar. For 2D I prefer one of the standard Standing Seam fills, but this is loverly for 3D shows. The secret seems to be " don't show more than one side of a hip or ridge per view.

Thanks,

Wally
Djordje
Ace
Wally wrote:
Try as I might I can't make this Add-on behave like a fill in either 2D or 3D.
Quite logical, as it is a library part; therefore you can NOT manage it as a fill.

I tried Duane's tip (not too many - if any at all - standing seams around here) and it worked.

Maybe you should drop by ACUWest?

Just a hint,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
You're right, I should consider a trip down to LA in March. I was actually just trying to gently get the idea across to Dwayne that I was talking about the Surfacer and he was talking fills. I didn't want him to think that I was implying that he needed professional help.

Thanks,

Wally
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Don't be shy, I can take it! In fact I was talking about BOTH... And I rarely use STANDING SEAM either. Mostly the ROOF TILES...

Hmmm. What ever happened to the REAL LOOKING TILE... I find the ITALIAN tile "ok" but the first thing EVERYONE tells me is "We're NOT using Roman Pans!"

I've HACKED the code to put a Barrel pan back in and called it MISSION TILE. I've also put this to GS for inclusion later.
Wally wrote:
You're right, I should consider a trip down to LA in March. I was actually just trying to gently get the idea across to Dwayne that I was talking about the Surfacer and he was talking fills. I didn't want him to think that I was implying that he needed professional help.

Thanks,

Wally
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop