Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

SAVE MODIFIED OBJECTS/MARKERS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all, quite new to Archicad myself here, I hope I'm not asking about something very basic or something that has been replied to many times in the past.

What would you suggest is the best way to store modified objects/markers for future projects? I am working on one project where I have modified the standard objects (doors/walls/windows etc) to how I want them to look like both in 2d and in 3d. The same with markers.

When starting a new file, what is the best way to load those modified objects and not starting from scratch every time?

The same goes with markers, zone stamps etc.

Thank you in advance,

Nikitas
2 REPLIES 2
Eduardo Rolon
Favorites is the best way. To start new projects you will create a Template.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Barry Kelly
Any favourites that you create can be exported from that file and imported into any other file.

As Eduardo suggested, create a template file that you start every new job from.
Keep this template up to date with new favourites, attributes (lines, pens, layers, composites, etc.), renovation filters, graphic overrides, layouts, etc.
Basically set up as much as you can in the templates so you don't have to keep doing it for every job.
You don't need to save it as a TPL (template) file, it can just be a PLN that you have saved somewhere.

When working on a job and you decide you need something new (favourite, layer, graphic override, etc.) you then export this and import it into the template so it is there for the next job.
Or some people will work on a job making changes they need, then use that job as the latest template - just strip away the 3D model and annotation that you don't need.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11