Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Selecting walls only on current floor?

Sofian
Participant

Hi,

I am doing one of the Graphisoft tutorial to learn AC26 and the software is not behaving like the one of the instructor.

He's telling me to select all the walls on the first floor with ctrl+A then shift+F5 to show in 3d, I do exactly that except that for him it only select the walls of the first floor, for me it selects both first and ground floor walls.

Why is that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Ctrl was not a typo. Window was... It closes the active *Tab* prior to window if there are no tabs. Does AC26 somehow override this root functionality? I assume you are using Windows.

A copy paste makes no difference. Are they set to show on "All Relative Floors". If so, your lower / upper walls maybe showing on your upper / lower floor plans, which would make them part of your selection.

Ling.

ps. Please add a signature to your profile. See link in mine for more information.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

To select all walls on any floor select wall tool from toolbox toolbar then press Ctrl+A or go to edit menu then select all walls.

This sequence is applied for any element type in Archicad whatever Beams, slabs or Objects.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
Lingwisyer
Guru

Ctrl+F4 is the default "Close Window" hotkey on Windows... =S

That would be alt+F4 but yes I meant ctrl+A.

This is what I did and it didn't work.

Could it be because the walls of the first floor are a copy paste of the walls from the ground floor?

Solution

Ctrl was not a typo. Window was... It closes the active *Tab* prior to window if there are no tabs. Does AC26 somehow override this root functionality? I assume you are using Windows.

A copy paste makes no difference. Are they set to show on "All Relative Floors". If so, your lower / upper walls maybe showing on your upper / lower floor plans, which would make them part of your selection.

Ling.

ps. Please add a signature to your profile. See link in mine for more information.

Switching from "All Relevant Stories" to "Home Story Only" for the ground floor fixed the problem, thanks.

Lingwisyer
Guru

Mark as solved.

When set to show on "All Relevant Stories" a wall will be displayed on the current story if part of it sits within that story, or when part of it sits within the "Relative Floor Plan Range".

Ling.