Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Simple cube...with movable nodes

rgarand
Booster
Hello everyone,

I have a simple question to ask and I hope I get a answer like "The GDL object in in the Special Edition Library" or something like that.

I am looking for a simple cube, which I know is in the Basic Shapes part of the ArchiCAD library...but I would like to move each corner node of the cube independently. This is a very typical thing that can be done in the 3D studio's and Cinema 4D programs, but in CAD programs it seems a bit more complicated. I know straight autocad can not even accomplish this task.

Has anyone developed an object that can do this?

All I want to do is draw a slab and take the bottom nodes of this slab, slide them in the x/y direction to make a trapazoid type object and move on...I know I can make it in profiler and the GDL tools plugin...but why can't I do this with the slab object.

Any thoughts?
Robert J. Garand
ArchiCAD USA 27-Build 5001 USA FULL
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000
13 REPLIES 13
F. wrote:
This was no criticism in your cube-object. I understood rgarands ask for a "cube", that he needs something like a polyhedron with 6 surfaces. The rough shaped flexcube is yet quiet similar to this.
One could do an object where the faces simply pull in any direction, keeping all the faces planar, but this can be done in Archicad without any GDL. (unless it was capable of skewing, which would be interesting.... one could do an object that used XForm to work. the object i uploaded uses COONS, 6 of them to form a deformed cuboid.
TomWaltz
Participant
Brilliant, yet twisted, at the same time! I love it!
Tom Waltz
Karl Ottenstein
Brilliant, David!

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
rgarand
Booster
David,

Thanks! This definately does the job I was looking for.

ArchiCAD Talk is great!
Robert J. Garand
ArchiCAD USA 27-Build 5001 USA FULL
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000