BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Some check marks in 3d do not snap, why?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I have noticed when moving the cursor over a model in 3d window edit mode, when the cursor changes to a check mark I can not start a tool and some times a in a different area of the model when check mark shows I can start a tool, any idea why?
Thanks,
Joseph
3 REPLIES 3
Djordje
Ace
Joseph wrote:
I have noticed when moving the cursor over a model in 3d window edit mode, when the cursor changes to a check mark I can not start a tool and some times a in a different area of the model when check mark shows I can start a tool, any idea why?
Which tool, and what is the check mark over?

Where is your current user origin?

Which storey are you on?

Etc ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Which tool, and what is the check mark over?

Where is your current user origin?

Which storey are you on?

Etc ...
1. Any tool I try to use.
2. at 1st floor
3. 1st floor
are you telling me for modeling in 3D all these 3 conditions make a deference or need to be meet?!
Thanks,
Joseph
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just noticed:
Djordje wrote:
Which tool, and what is the check mark over? Etc ...
I am drawing a wall at corner of an already placed composite wall that the reference line is not on the face of the wall, could that be it?! hope not. Even when over a slab still can not draw the new wall.
Djordje wrote:
Where is your currWent user origin? Etc ...
I have placed it on corner of these walls and slabs and still no action, even when I put the user origin at 2nd floor nothing happens.

After all said and done I can draw the wall from chech marks at columns, if that is of any hint.
Thanks,
Joseph
Learn and get certified!