Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Stairs over Stairs

Johann_P
Advocate
I have 2 sets of stairs.
On plan they cross over each other.

For the higher stair I'd like to show only the hidden lines so that the lower stair is completely visible.
When I use the "send backward / forward" commands the graphics hides the lower stair.

I'm not sure how to switch the material of the higher stair off while still maintaining the hidden/dotted lines.

ArchiCAD24 - since Nov 2020
Revit - 2005 to 2020
Windows 10 Pro
2 screens: nvidia quadro RTX 4000
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Podolsky
Ace
Stair represented on the floor plan via separate GDL object called "Stair grid". You can choose one of them (or built-in or from the library) in the dialog of Floor Plan Display / Grid and Structure. This "grid" element has attributes - pen, linetype, fill and background fill pen. You can choose transparent background pen (number 0) or for visible part, or for hidden (dashed) part.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Podolsky
Ace
Stair represented on the floor plan via separate GDL object called "Stair grid". You can choose one of them (or built-in or from the library) in the dialog of Floor Plan Display / Grid and Structure. This "grid" element has attributes - pen, linetype, fill and background fill pen. You can choose transparent background pen (number 0) or for visible part, or for hidden (dashed) part.
Johann_P
Advocate
Thanks!

ArchiCAD24 - since Nov 2020
Revit - 2005 to 2020
Windows 10 Pro
2 screens: nvidia quadro RTX 4000