BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Surfaces, Roof Wall Cladding

Anonymous
Not applicable
HI,
I can not seem to alter the colour of the ROOF - CORRUGATED SHEET MATTE surface colour or find an alternate to use.
I am looking for a variety of different cladding profiles and colours to use as alternate surface options for my renders such as LYSAGHT LONGLINE 305 in different colours.
Any help would be appreciated.
regards
Darren.
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Rendered images use the texture image that is associated to a Surface Material.
The texture image is not something you can just change the colour of.
You must have various texture images for each colour and/or profile roof sheeting.
You can either find these on the internet, create your own in a photo editing program, or have a look in the surface texture catalogue that come with Archicad.

So you need to create a new Surface Material for each colour/profile roof material that you want.
Each Surface Material will have a different texture image.
You then change the Surface Material (or Building Material) of your elements (roof) to change the colour.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Barry
Thank you for the feedback.
I thought that was the case. I did find some images on the net provided by a manufactures but the file type was not compatible.

I will keep looking.

regards
Darren
jl_lt
Ace
Hi Mr darren, a different approach i would aslo recommend is You take a look at the use of roof accesories (You need to install archicad goodies for this).

With these accesories, You can instantly add corrugated and laminated profiles to your roofs so You can render them with greater accuracy
Learn and get certified!