Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

The ARCHICAD feature that saves the most time

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
GRAPHISOFT has created a very short, one-question survey that asks you to tell them the ARCHICAD feature/trick/workflow that helps you save the most time.
You can fill out the survey here:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MLD8WG9
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
38 REPLIES 38
Eduardo Rolon
There is no easy answer to that one.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Printing.

It is much quicker to print 6 sets of drawings than to draw 6 sets by hand.
Eduardo Rolon
Publishing to PDF!
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Brett Brown
Advocate
Wouldn't it be a revelation if Graphisoft actually sent us all individually a questionnaire on what WE thought needed improved,changed etc, instead of Graphisoft doing what THEY think we want.

I get short surveys from Company's I deal with all the time asking us users how they can improve there service etc which I appreciate. They are forward thinking Company's wanting there clients opinion.
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Brett wrote:
Wouldn't it be a revelation if Graphisoft actually sent us all individually a questionnaire on what WE thought needed improved,changed etc, instead of Graphisoft doing what THEY think we want.

Good luck with that.

To steal a quote from Forrest Gump,...each new version of ArchiCAD is like a box of chocolates with each new "feature" representing a different flavor of chocolate.

You're just left to hope that when you get a new box each year and open it up, it's not full of dark chocolate and nuts (if you're like me and hate dark chocolate, or are like-wise allergic to nuts)

*Apologies to people who love dark chocolate and nutty flavors.
Brett Brown
Advocate
"Good Luck with that" :lol:

Another way would be if Graphisoft would send us all a list of possible future enhancements and then we rate them in priority of usefulness to us.

Also I'd love to know the percentage of seats of Archicad that are used mostly in the residential housing market all over the world. Surely they actually survey there re-sellers on this.

Which leads me to the "Solo" version. Unfortunately not available in this part of the world for I know a stupid reason, "Live subscriptions" Why in this day and age can't we subscribe to this version, from anywhere in the world, to Graphisoft HQ or any re-seller from any country?

Especially the English version perhaps?

We all use content, addons etc from different parts of the world. It really annoys me to be told that my subscription money is supporting a version I can't purchase.

From my quick google search on prices of Solo, it's half the price of full Archicad and so assuming the yearly upgrade would be the same. Perhaps someone who is using Solo could clarify this.
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Brett wrote:
"Good Luck with that" :lol:

Another way would be if Graphisoft would send us all a list of possible future enhancements and then we rate them in priority of usefulness to us.

Also I'd love to know the percentage of seats of Archicad that are used mostly in the residential housing market all over the world. Surely they actually survey there re-sellers on this.

Which leads me to the "Solo" version. Unfortunately not available in this part of the world for I know a stupid reason, "Live subscriptions" Why in this day and age can't we subscribe to this version, from anywhere in the world, to Graphisoft HQ or any re-seller from any country?

Especially the English version perhaps?

We all use content, addons etc from different parts of the world. It really annoys me to be told that my subscription money is supporting a version I can't purchase.

From my quick google search on prices of Solo, it's half the price of full Archicad and so assuming the yearly upgrade would be the same. Perhaps someone who is using Solo could clarify this.
Hi Brett, Is there a difference between the Solo Version you are talking about and the Start Version now? I have the full version but do not need teamwork but I do like having Cinarender.
Barry Kelly
Look at the comparison chart at the end of this web page.

http://www.graphisoft.com/archicad/start-edition/

Start Edition 2016 seems to be a cut down version of Archicad 19 so automatically you are missing out on any new version 20 features.

I am not sure if there are differences between the 'Start' and 'Solo' version or if it is just a name thing.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
https://archvista.com/product/archicad-solo/

Looks like Solo is slightly better than Start Edition.