Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Undocumented Improvements in AC15

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Here is the beginning of a list of 'minor' fixes in AC15 that I was personally involved in. I hope that others may be able to add other undocumented improvements to it:

1. Mirroring text now mirrors the anchor point.
2. The Help menu search function is no longer case sensitive.
3. Fill Area Text's are transferable via the eyedropper/syringe.
4. Project North now accepts up to 4 decimals (when set in working units).
5. Right click on Layouts and Masters to edit their settings.
6. Module Save Options have a new display setting.

Cheers,
Link.
56 REPLIES 56
Rick Thompson
Expert
JaredBanks wrote:
No more plotflow?! This makes me sad. How else do people plot PLT files?
The old plotflow is the same, so you can use it, but not withy 10.7. I hope people will let it be know that many of us really like plotfow. If you plot via AC you have to keep it open till it's done, and you have no way of knowing it's done unless you go to your print room to physically see. There is no feedback. I will make it a wish.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Rick Thompson
Expert
For a few versions when you "option clicked" an object the node would remain as originally set. Now that bug is fixed and the node you click becomes the active node. Very helpful for placing many things.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
Really undocumented. Who knows what it means?
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Karl Ottenstein
Rafal wrote:
Really undocumented. Who knows what it means?
Maybe it means the user photos (from server) in the Teamwork dialogs - who is signed in, TW messages...?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
... and here I was thinking it was a photo album for the ex in-laws or that GS is involved in a "see something say something" anti drug campaign and using FR to weed out the undesirables.

My question is where does it get the image from? Does it get it from the OS user image or does one have to put it in AC somewhere?
Karl Ottenstein
Jeffrey wrote:
...My question is where does it get the image from? Does it get it from the OS user image or does one have to put it in AC somewhere?
Assuming that this refers to the Teamwork user account profile pictures - it is up to the Administrator of the TW Server to add the photo to the user accounts. The photos are downloaded from the server when the user is logged into a TW project.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
another one, the Quick Layers toolbar can now be docked!

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Karl wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:
...My question is where does it get the image from? Does it get it from the OS user image or does one have to put it in AC somewhere?
Assuming that this refers to the Teamwork user account profile pictures - it is up to the Administrator of the TW Server to add the photo to the user accounts. The photos are downloaded from the server when the user is logged into a TW project.
This is available in AC14 too no? It shows avatars in the teamwork palette and in messages. Users can also change their pictures by editing their settings in the Teamwork palette.

Docking the quick layers palettte. OMG pop the champas!! How long did that take?!

Cheers,
Link.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Also I know a lot if effort is going into matching GUIDs between library versions to make migrating smoother. The idea is that parts are automatically updated. If you have say Chair 1 14 in AC14, it should automatically switch to Chair 1 15 when migrated.

Haven't tested it it lately. Last time I did it was semi successful.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
If you have say Chair 1 14 in AC14, it should automatically switch to Chair 1 15 when migrated.
On a related note, I only noticed a few months ago you could copy an object in AC13 and paste it into AC14 and it would magically convert it to the equivalent AC14 version! Very handy for raiding older projects for objects you have previously set up. You don't even need to have the migration library loaded either.