BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Use of marquee in 3D window

Anonymous
Not applicable
I see that the marquee tool can now be used in the 3D window but I have not been able to determine what you can use it for. I would love to be able to stretch things with it but have not been able to find a way to do that. Is it possible to do that? Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.
6 REPLIES 6
Djordje
Ace
jdrulon wrote:
I see that the marquee tool can now be used in the 3D window but I have not been able to determine what you can use it for.
Selection and Find and select come to mind!
jdrulon wrote:
I would love to be able to stretch things with it but have not been able to find a way to do that. Is it possible to do that? Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.
Nope, you will have to resort to doing it in the plan ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the prompt reply. Maybe stretching with the marquis in the 3D window is in a future release??
Karl Ottenstein
jdrulon wrote:
I see that the marquee tool can now be used in the 3D window but I have not been able to determine what you can use it for.
Hasn't it been there for quite some time?

In addition to Djordje's comments, note that you can have several options for the volumetric 3D marquee ... and also a flat marquee (last option in screenshot). The flat marquee lets you take snapshots from the internal engine 3D window (not OpenGL) to be pasted elsewhere as linework. You'll get a dialog as shown in the next message.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Copy from 3D (internal rendering engine with flat marquee) dialog below.
Copy-from-3D.gif
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
several options for the volumetric 3D marquee ... and also a flat marquee (last option in screenshot). The flat marquee lets you take snapshots from the internal engine 3D window (not OpenGL) to be pasted elsewhere as linework. You'll get a dialog as shown in the next message.Karl
This is a wonderful tool tool but I have two questions on it:
1. What is the difference between Drawing vs. Scaled drawing?
2. When I copy in 3d with flat marquee placed and paste to the floor plan the drawing does not fall to the correct location even though I use the option of "Paste to Original Location"?
Thanks,
Joseph Harouni
P.S. I am using this tool in conjunction with cutaway planes to paste a sloped wall located on 1st floor extended to upper floor and shown properly at each story.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The flat marquee in 3D lets you take snapshots from the internal engine 3D window to be pasted elsewhere as linework. You'll get a dialog, under the drop-down window of Copy/Save As:

What is the difference between Drawing vs. Scaled drawing?

Thanks,
Joseph Harouni
Learn and get certified!