Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Values of GLOB_CONTEXT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I use GLOB_CONTEXT in my objects successfully. But I only use the value of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.

I want to know when GLOB_CONTEXT will return 22, 23 and all the others.

I don't know what means for feed back plan or section. what means for feedback?

Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
When you have a library part with moveable hotspot (diamond shape) on plan and you will move it you will get the value of 22 (feedback form plan) in GLOB_CONTEXT global variable. It is a very same thingy for 3D window. So, basically you can respond to hospots 'moving' action within your lib part script.
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, Rob. And what about 43, 44 and 46?
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Wolf,

I am not going to help you because I would like to know that as well. GS?? or anybody??
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK.

Thanks, Rob.
Frank Beister
Advisor
Where have you found the possible values 43, 44 and 46 of GLOB_CONTEXT?
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Where have you found the possible values 43, 44 and 46 of GLOB_CONTEXT?
they have been mentioned in the AC help under GDL Reference manual/Global Variables/General Environment Info. I am still using AC8.1 so it could get changed with AC9.0 help...
Karl Ottenstein
AC 9 GDL reference manual says:
1-library part editor, 2-floor plan, 3-3D view, 4-section/elevation, 5-settings dialog, 6-list, 7 - detail drawing, 22 - feedback mode from the floor plan, 23 - feedback mode from a
3Dview, 24 - feedback mode from a section/elevation, 43 - generating as an operator from a 3D view, 44 - generating as an operator from a section/elevation, 46 - generating as an
operator from a list
What does "generating as an operator" mean? That the object is an operator in a solid element op?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I am just trying to keep this topic alive.

Guys from GS, could you give us at least rough explanation of what is going on with those numbers? Why would you bother to mention that in the help then?
LiHigh
Newcomer
Rob wrote:
When you have a library part with moveable hotspot (diamond shape) on plan and you will move it you will get the value of 22 (feedback form plan) in GLOB_CONTEXT global variable. It is a very same thingy for 3D window. So, basically you can respond to hospots 'moving' action within your lib part script.
I've tried it but didn't work as discribed!
Can GS please responds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT