BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall Connection Problem

Andy Melaragno
Enthusiast
Hello,
Does anyone know how to fix the wall connection problem I have in the attached picture? I have tried to change the connection priority on both the foundation wall and the stone wall and nothing helps. The walls are all complex profiles.
Andy Melaragno

Columbus, Ohio USA

AC 24 - 27 USA | Windows 11 Pro | GeForce RTX 2060 Super | 32 GB |Intel i7-8700K @3.70 Ghz
4 REPLIES 4
RandyC
Advocate
your lower block walls are higher than the bottom of the brick wall
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
Andy Melaragno
Enthusiast
RandyC wrote:
your lower block walls are higher than the bottom of the brick wall
Yes, I have a foundation wall with a stone ledge and a stem wall that is 8" higher than the stone ledge. The upper wall with the stone is a complex profile with the stone veneer extending lower than the bottom of the wall. Should I create a separate wall or complex profile to create the stone that covers the band board? I don't want to model the stone with the foundation wall because on my foundation drawing I want the cut plane to cut though the stem wall only so that the stem wall only has the cut fill and the ledge shows up without the cut fill. I have attached a picture of what I am trying to achieve.
Andy Melaragno

Columbus, Ohio USA

AC 24 - 27 USA | Windows 11 Pro | GeForce RTX 2060 Super | 32 GB |Intel i7-8700K @3.70 Ghz
RandyC
Advocate
You can space your stone wall 1" away from the foundation wall - then the two walls will not react with each other --
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
Andy Melaragno
Enthusiast
Thanks!
Andy Melaragno

Columbus, Ohio USA

Learn and get certified!