BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Want to become an architect

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey! I downloaded Archicad a few days ago, it seemed to the best architect program.

I have a dream become an architect. To design modern buildings like motels, restaurants and private houses. At the moment I have a year left until I have to choose what I want to do with my life. – College.

I decided to try this architect thing out so I downloaded this program and I have learned some but it feels like it’s going to take a while to master it. I watched some YouTube videos, mostly school projects. And most of them look amazing. They were mostly made in Artlantis and Lumion. Can't find any good tutorials so please help me get better.

Here is a example house ( For eg. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lftUMMueNng&list=FL7sKlUv79kdCxA7GwVHi0YA – I would feel very proud of myself if I managed to do a similar house and rendering by myself. I appreciate all the advice I can get. I want to learn things that may come in handy later on in my carrier.

I have a macbook pro 2.3GHz intel core i5 8 GB running 10.8.3 Mountain Lion.
I do also have a PC that I can use for Lumion if you think its worth using that is.

So my goal is to create an amazing house that I can be proud over and learn Archicad and the rendering software’s. LINK awesome tutorials please

Thanks for reading. 🙂
7 REPLIES 7
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
On this page you will find many tutorials:

http://www.graphisoft.com/learning/training_materials/
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can these Tutorials be done on older versions of ArchiCAD? such as v.12?
Anonymous
Not applicable
A lot of the workflow techniques will be the same, but new(er) tools like Renovation and Morph will not be relevant. Also, menu locations may vary thru' different versions.
Barry Kelly
Maysum wrote:
Can these Tutorials be done on older versions of ArchiCAD? such as v.12?
The new training series don't seem to be there yet but they look like they will only work with version 16+.

The older Interactive Training guides will work on older versions.
The Collaboration ones are for 13, 14 & 15 but I see the Experience BIM, Archicad Essentials and Advanced Modelling ones are version 12.
You will see the relevant download links for each version when you go into them.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Barry, One more follow on question: The stuff I learn in the newer tut's will they correspond well with older versions? or has the interface an way things done now don't gel with older versions of ArchiCAD.
Barry Kelly
Maysum wrote:
Thank you Barry, One more follow on question: The stuff I learn in the newer tut's will they correspond well with older versions? or has the interface an way things done now don't gel with older versions of ArchiCAD.
The Archicad interface has remained quite constant over the years but obviously there are new tools/features in the newer versions that don't appear in the older versions.

This will help you track what is new in each version.

http://www.archicadwiki.com/ArchiCAD%20versions

I think the basic techniques for modelling are much the same in all versions although that is changing now in 17 with the linking of wall & beam heights to other elements.
And in 15 the roof tool changed from single roof planes to an all-in-one multi-roof.
But apart from the amended roof tool and new shell tool in 15 and the new morph tool in 16 most other tools are almost identical to how they were in version 12.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers
Learn and get certified!