Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

arrange objects in lines and rows

hi all,

is there a way to arrange multiple objects (500 objects) in lines and rows. Like: "arrange all the selected objects in 20 rows and 10 lines".

any one has a hint?

Thanks!

Florian
AC24 4018 INT, Win10, Quadro P2000, Xeon, BIMCloud
5 REPLIES 5
DGSketcher
Legend
It would depend on the object source and what you want to document. Is it for 2D or 3D presentation or could they be included in a schedule?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
thanks for the fast response!

It is for a objects catalog where you have a A3 with 4x6 objects on it. the thing is that the catalog updates very often and I don't want to arrange 500+ objects manually each time the updates comes - it has to be alphabetical.

thanks again!

BR, Florian
AC24 4018 INT, Win10, Quadro P2000, Xeon, BIMCloud
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You can multiply in rows and lines by choosing matrix, CTRL + U.

If you already have 500 elements and want to arrange them again, you would have to use distribute twice and do some clever selecting, breaking things up in 10 groups of 20 items, aranging those in the 10 lines, then selecting 10 groups of 20 items on those lines and arranging them again in 20 rows
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Missed your reply, so it is like a legend you would place on a drawing. I would make a schedule, place it on a layout and just split the placed drawing up in the collumns. This way you can keep adding things and it will just grow, you may need to drag a copy of the drawing now and then to extend it.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
JaseBee
Advocate
What about the listing functions?

I haven't used them much but they are modifiable and can output to different sorts of graphical templates.

Since they only schedule things placed in the project you can place then entire library with the "Library Developer->Place All Objects" Command (you have to turn on this menu in the work environment settings)
AC 24 5004 AUS
iMac OSX (10.13.6) 4.2ghz i7
8gb ram/8gb vram