BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

cannot make PNG have transparent background

Anonymous
Not applicable
so i have some PNG files which i have used in previous archicad files which have a transparent background cars people plants etc for presentation.
and in the past these have worked fine in v20 and im pretty sure in ver 21 also but for some reason they are showing up with a black background now in my AC21.
and no amount of selecting the transparent tickbox makes any difference to the image so it retains its black background instead of transparent. what is the deal here?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok after some investigation i have discovered that if i want a transparent background i can no longer use the file>merge command anymore which is strange as this worked fine for me previously

instead i need to use file>external content>place external drawing then enable transparency

seems to be another bug that you are unable to make transparent a file that has been merged in??
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you upload one of those PNG files here?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would upload but I have not since been able to replicate the problem in 2 different AC files since unfortunately. perhaps my AC/ comp just needed a restart?
Learn and get certified!