BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

editing a pdf in archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to import a pdf or convert a pdf to .pln so i can edit the drawing in archicad? I know how to import the pdf into archicad but when i do that it acts like a normal picture and i cant edit.

How do architects do it when they have a pdf and they need to edit it in cad? I'm sure there's a better way to do it without having to redraw an entire set of drawings isnt there?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
One of the reasons people issue PDFs is so that they are not intended to be editable. PDF is primarily used as an output only format.

If the PDF is in vector format there are programs that can convert it into editable DWG. If it is bitmap you have to trace over it.
This is the one I have been using. It works very well.
http://www.autodwg.com/pdf-to-dwg-converter/?gclid=CJekst6isKYCFRRqgwod-3KmoQ

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Lu_Ka
Participant
There is a freeware program called Inkscape (www.inkscape.org) that does the same job as Illustrator or Corel Draw. You can import pdf's and export them as dxf's which then can be imported into Archicad.
Learn and get certified!