BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

exploding individual elements in a section/elevation view

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to explode individual elements in a section/elevation view? I'd like to do this so I can edit how those elements are represented in that particular sedction but still have them be objects, slabs, roofs, etc. in the plan and 3d views. Is this possible of do I have to Unlink the section/elevation?
Thank you,
John
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Exploding objects in section / elevations, will explode the object in 3d and plan view. What we now do is, while in section / elevation, select all, copy, paste, move pasted elements a set distance away from the model, then edit the pasted elements till your hearts content. Add text, dims, etc. If you make a change to the model, regenerate, and only select the items that you changed. Copy, paste, move the set distance you moved before, erase any elements that now conflict with the updated elements. Warning, this will get tedious if you make major changes to the model. We don't do sections until late in the design process.

Of course, the better the model, the less you have to edit in section.
Miquel Garcia
Participant
johncassel wrote:
Is it possible to explode individual elements in a section/elevation view? I'd like to do this so I can edit how those elements are represented in that particular sedction but still have them be objects, slabs, roofs, etc. in the plan and 3d views. Is this possible of do I have to Unlink the section/elevation?
Thank you,
John
With GDL you can control the behaviour of objects in different views using the GLOB_CONTEXT variable. Try to write, for example:
IF GLOB_CONTEXT=4 THEN EXIT
at the beginning of the 3D Script and your object will not be represented in the E/S windows, but it will do in any other view. You can draw manually the representation of your object or you can select it and make a parallel 3D view with the same point of view than your elevation. Afterwards you can copy/paste from the 3D window to the elevation window.
Miquel
Capella & Garcia Arquitectura
AC18 - AC21, iMac 27" 3.1 Ghz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram, OSX 10.13.1
Learn and get certified!