BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

how to make wood panel wall for 3d?

Anonymous
Not applicable
wanna make wall from panel. how to make the segment for this one?
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ps the segment is vertical
Anonymous
Not applicable
Which one? Did you mean to post a picture?
Anonymous
Not applicable
You could use the Curtainwall tool perhaps, but you may have problems if they have edge mouldings around each panel.

As Matthew suggests, how about posting a picture of the type of panel you need to model, then someone should be able to recommend the best tool to use for the job.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Which one? Did you mean to post a picture?
Sorry, here i post the picture
paneling_intro.gif
Anonymous
Not applicable
How detailed do you need it to be? I'd create it using a continuous thin wall around the room with a vertical boarding material applied to it. This material should have a vertical boarding 'fill' applied to it so it shows up in your line elevations. You will probably have to put it on a different layer to the wall with a different layer intersection group, so they don't try to join.

To do the Base and Wainscotting, draw the profiles individually in separate complex profiles, and apply these to walls; these will obscure any lines below, beams don't do this as they can't have any sort of cover fill.

You might even try modelling the panelling and moldings altogether in one single complex profile, but this could potentially give you problems with how it displays on plan and it's interaction with the floorplan cutplane. Best to try both methods and see what works for you!

Hope that helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, i still dont understand what you meant.

is there another way such as finding or downloading another kind of wall which has vertical board instead of horizontal one like in standard archicad wall ?

thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
The simplest way to make this wainscot is as a profiled wall. It could be a part of the structural/demising wall but would probably be better modeled as a separate element applied to the main wall. If you don't know how to make and use the profiled walls you should be able to find this i the manuals.

The only (slightly) tricky bit is applying a material for the vertical boards on the one face of the profile. You may also need to create your own materials for this. Admittedly it is a bit of a fake. Kind of like using vertical board wallpaper, but it's usually unnecessary to model the boards in detail.

If you really need to model the vertical boards these could be done with profiled columns, singly or in multiples within the profiles.

The only way to model this in detail with single components for each run of wainscot is to write a custom library part. While not terribly difficult it is definitely advanced GDL.
Learn and get certified!