Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

how to set your navigator map view?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Every time i open my archicad project, in the navigator map there are trees that i almost never use open.

i.e. key plan or furniture plans.

I would like to optimize the navigation tree by having my most used floor plans, sections, etc expanded and everything else contracted (is that even the right word? )

and have it open by default like this every time! I tried updating my palette scheme. that doesn't do it.

HELP! precious seconds are wasted everyday!!!
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
I always thought these appeared with the same state as when the file was last saved.
But I may be wrong.
I'm sure the Layouts and Publisher part of the Navigator do as I usually try to remember and set those before I save my template.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
AH! I just posted on this too. I agree, precious seconds are wasted everyday on this problem.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=37578
Anonymous
Not applicable
aahh. a co-miserator. thanks for that Steven. it is good to know that we are not alone.

Barry, it does appear you are correct. For a solo project. The navigator is as it was before in a SOLO project.

So it appears the problem is for a teamwork project. I'm guessing the navigator map is set to the preset of when it was first uploaded as a teamwork project. I am going to test this. I'll let you know.

if this is the case it is excellent, because, you just set your navigator view once and no matter who manipulates the project in any which way it always would open at the project administrator's preset.

hm. i like it...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great, I just confirmed this. I deleted a tw project and reloaded it, but with the navigator views where i want them every time i open it up. It works. The navigator views are "set" when the project administrator uploads the project.

This is very good news to me.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great, thanks for the research!