Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

multi-panel sliding door to each side

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone help with a 6 panel or multi-panel sliding door that slides to each side. I have a multi-panel sliding door object, but it only slides to one side.
Thanks in advance
14 REPLIES 14
Erika Epstein
Booster
Mirror a second instance of the sliding door (D3 sliding 1 11).
Turn off the casing so there will none where the two doors meet.
The Frame can be set to ganging so you get one that goes around both doors.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Erika wrote:
Mirror a second instance of the sliding door (D3 sliding 1 11).
Turn off the casing so there will none where the two doors meet.
The Frame can be set to ganging so you get one that goes around both doors.
Then what do you do with your DOOR SCHEDULE?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Erika Epstein
Booster
vfrontiers wrote:

Then what do you do with your DOOR SCHEDULE?
I did have to fudge it. Now I would attempt mirroring using gdl and copy of the AC door or perhaps even better adding a 3rd panel to the D4 sliding 11 door.
Open to suggestions Duane!

It is pathetic that our standard libraries don't mirror real situations, like there not being an offset pivot door.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I should check this out prior to posting, but I'm rendering now and can't afford the ArchiCAD overhead!...

Multi Slider Panels...
1. Create DOOR PANEL (object)
2. Place SLIDER 4 Panel and set 3d to OFF
3. Place as many panels where ever you want.
4. Only ONE "door" to deal with in the schedule. No. of panels is likely a dumb text parameter anyway or just something to place in the REMARKS section.

I had created a POCKET SLIDER that has a parameter for number of panels and I use the above instead because about 75% of the time I need to mitre them at a corner with different number of panels each side. I haven't gdl'd it properly to make adjustments for the different setbacks (lazy!)...

I have on offset pivot door creation. I think I only tweaked the 2d to show the offset as I usually render with doors closed! (again, lazy!)...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Erika Epstein
Booster
Thanks Duane,
I'll give your method a try.

I actually scripted an offset pivot door with the help of Peter Devlin and Olivier here. My comment was more that there are many real situations that our libraries don't reflect.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Erika wrote:
... My comment was more that there are many real situations that our libraries don't reflect.
I totally agree!

Someday they'll fix all the corner window stuff, too... and make that a tool we can actually use.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika, thanks for the reply.
I have tried your sugestion, however I am still getting the frame showing between the two doors. Is it possible to hide the frame that is joined?
aahatimo
Newcomer
duane,
i am trying to adapt your instructions for a 4 panel door opening all in one direction. not really following your instructions.thanks!!!
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
aahatimo,

You can download my entire custom GDL Library here:

http://www.dmsdesign.us/planrm/GDL%20Parts.zip

There's several pocket doors with various configurations that allow as many leaves as you like.

Also, on doors where I've got several different curtains of leaves I'll just put in an empty opening (the one in my library is schedulable) and pot the frames, casings and leaves in as separate objects. I usually only do that for the Dave Whitehill door systems we use a lot in Hawaii - they're all custom field fabricated, so I model it that way, too.

Hope that helps you out. My objects are AC9, but should still work fine in later versions (they do in AC12, at least).