BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

secondary layout book

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to create a second layout book within one ArchiCAD file?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not that I know of but you can create subsets within subsets in the Layout hierarchy and get the same effect from what I can see. Is there a reason that won't work?
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
doober922 wrote:
Is there a way to create a second layout book within one ArchiCAD file?
z.p.r. is correct and I would also be curious as to the reason for the question. By design the layout book is the area that you create and store all of your layouts for all purposes and the Publisher Sets are where you organize groups of layouts for specific output (DD,CD, Zoning, Presentation, etc.). However, if you like, you can have a separate layout book in a second file that acts purely as a host for layouts for the first project by using the Project Chooser in the Organizer. --> http://www.graphisoft.com/ftp/publishing/ac16_help_INT/Files/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=...

HTH
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a project that we are doing multiple projects on the building. I need a separate layout book per "phase". I knew about creating a separate file just for the layout book but I was hoping to not have to do that. Thanks for the help!
Karl Ottenstein
NCornia wrote:
I would also be curious as to the reason for the question.
Many people have asked since 10 arrived (wishlist / poll) for the ability to separately number subsets of the layout book so that pages can be numbered as "Page N of P pages" for each "book".... in addition to standard page identifiers such as A-100, A-101, etc. which are generated by the subset mechanism.

Today, you can create a fake Project Info field with the total number of pages of just the subset you are going to print - but to get the pages numbered starting at page 1, you have to drag all of the content of your layout book around before each subset is printed.

The alternative to get numbering right is to create a bunch of separate files, one for each book, linked back to the model.

A pain any way you look at it.

Why multiple 'books'? Different size paper/masters for prelim / final (11 x 17 vs D for example), phases, etc.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!