BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

things that are broken in AC23

linking railing to roof nodes by association removes posts. this is so stupid
columns only show center node if that is selected as the structural point.

how the H*ll do they mess up the basic things that should not be changed??? Im so un impressed with this version. they are luck there isnt something better yet. there will be if they dont pull their heads out of ......

really they should give us all our money back for this release. this is BS

oh and its by far slower than v22. which ive now reverted back too

step it up graphisoft you set expectations now meet them.

modumate is coming for you. they basically have me at this point. pending pricing and if i can unload these licenses im stuck with.
95 REPLIES 95
SenecaDesignLLC wrote:
step it up graphisoft you set expectations now meet them.

modumate is coming for you. they basically have me at this point. pending pricing and if i can unload these licenses im stuck with.

hhhhm.....

Interesting.
How did I not know about this before now?
I love their sales pitch.....

"You’re an architect. You’re a builder and an artist. And on average, you spend 5 hours a day designing buildings. You deserve a beautiful, refined, delightful experience."

Once upon a time, (......a very very looong time ago),...... Graphisoft used to think like this also and treat their customers likewise.
Seems like ancient history now.

I'll be sure to be checking this out when they do release it.
rob2218
Enthusiast
here's something else that's (well) not broken but terrible.
The "speed". Yes, it is indeed much much slower than AC22............sorry folks...but it is.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Eduardo Rolon
Actually I find it faster than 22 so your perception might vary.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

rob2218
Enthusiast
Not really.....its slow to load up. slow to create different view types....plan, elevation, section. Just overall, its "slower" than AC22. Read the other comments on it's speed. I'll concur with the folks who have experienced AC23's slowdown functionalities.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Eduardo Rolon
That is why I said perceptions vary, have been using both for the last 6 months and speed (except for one issue during beta) has not seem slow . Try turning off Tab previews to see if it improves.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Might it also not be an issue or a case of people being on different machine types and OS platforms getting different experiences and thus having this differing perceptions?

I see you're both on Mac and OSX platforms, so there might be other reasons or causes.
But on the other thread with people complaining about AC23 issues it seems to be quite a few PC folks.

Either way, it's not a good look especially considering the fact that they delayed it's release by almost 4 or 5 months ostensibly to iron out these sort of issues (and they have to have been performance-related issues since this version isn't exactly sporting any new major feature upgrades that one would argue is really affecting how the program performs overall).

Like I said, not a good look, at all.

They're already in a demerit situation with a lot of their customers for the extended delayed release (especially subscription folks).

And then they finally release it and it (seems) buggy and slow.
You're almost broaching ArchiCAD version 8.0 territory here (for anyone old enough to remember what a fiasco that release version was, forcing another version 8.1 to be released to replace it)
Karl Barker
Participant
rob2218 wrote:
Not really.....its slow to load up. slow to create different view types....plan, elevation, section. Just overall, its "slower" than AC22. Read the other comments on it's speed. I'll concur with the folks who have experienced AC23's slowdown functionalities.
Just a little thing, in your signature, you are running windows 7 and OSX 10.9 - are these true? I see that AC23 is not supported on these OS'. Only windows 10 and OSX 13 & 14 are supported.
Cheers,
Karl Barker.

27" iMac 3.6 Ghz Intel Core i9
32 Gig Ram
Mac OSX 10.14.6
AC 5.5 - AC22 (NZE)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I used two Sample Projects to test the results:

1. file open speed
Archicad 22     24.68s
Archicad 22     25.45s

Archicad 23     20.50s
Archicad 23     19.60s

2. the program startup speed
Archicad 22     42.10s
Archicad 22     41.68s

Archicad 23     22.08s
Archicad 23     22.67s

3. Open 2D drawings (PRE-04 Project Presentation)
Archicad 22     64.90s
Archicad 22     63.90s

Archicad 23     61.07s
Archicad 23     59.84s

4. Open the 3D model (3D/ALL)
Archicad 22     9.14s
Archicad 22     8.14s

Archicad 23     5.93s
Archicad 23     6.91s

5, 2D zoom and pan (0.Ground Floor)
Archicad 22 is significantly faster than archicad 23

6. 3D zoom and pan (3D / ALL)
Archicad 23 faster than archicad 22

7. GDL hotspot editing speed
Archicad 22 faster than archicad 23

Conclusion: Archicad 22 is significantly faster than archicad 23 in drawing graphics. I don't know why, I updated my graphics driver and the problem still exists.So the end user experience is that archicad 23 is slower than archicad 22.

Sample Projects:https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/103415/

----------------------end----------------------------------------end----------------------------------------------end-----------------------------
gavinNZz
Advocate
SenecaDesignLLC wrote:
Modumate...being developed using unreal engine. This is the future of BIM. If you take the example of on-line multiplayer games.... 100's of users playing within and manipulating the same environment. Not hard to see how this tech transfers to the BIM world fairly easily. Add onto this Google Strata and you have a fully online solution with more power than you could ever imagine. Cloud based BIM models that can be managed and edited by numerous software and a base engine that already has 1000's of programmers available to build add-ons. I can't wait

I wish Archicad was already there...... but they aren't so I will continue to look elsewhere for the future
Planworks Ltd
Residential Designer based in Tauranga, NZ
Archicad v9+
VR enthusiast.
Always wants more!
Learn and get certified!