Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

turning insulations around windows in section view

HelenE
Booster

Hello everyone!

I had recently posted a question on how to turn insulation in plan view in windows and one of the members kindly helped me. I haven't found out how now this can appear in section view. Is it possible? I haven't figured it out... Thanks in advance!

plan view.jpgsection view.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Mscott
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Unfortunately this is a limitation, the closure you see on floorplan is a GDL 2D Symbol. Whereas a section view takes the view from a 3D Projection because the closure doesn't exist in 3D it cannot be displayed in a section view. 

Therefore you will need to manually add this detail using the 2D tools in Archicad.

View solution in original post

Solution
Tim Ball
Expert

You are not limited to 2D

you can add the closure separately as  a beam, maybe part of the lintel you need anyway using complex profiles

that way it appears in 3D and all sections and you can schedule it

if you carefully make the complex profile you can allocate structural and finishes too

Tim Ball

AC26, iMac

User since V5

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Mscott
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Unfortunately this is a limitation, the closure you see on floorplan is a GDL 2D Symbol. Whereas a section view takes the view from a 3D Projection because the closure doesn't exist in 3D it cannot be displayed in a section view. 

Therefore you will need to manually add this detail using the 2D tools in Archicad.

Thank you so much for letting me know!!!

Solution
Tim Ball
Expert

You are not limited to 2D

you can add the closure separately as  a beam, maybe part of the lintel you need anyway using complex profiles

that way it appears in 3D and all sections and you can schedule it

if you carefully make the complex profile you can allocate structural and finishes too

Tim Ball

AC26, iMac

User since V5

I could add the options to my windows and doors over Thanksgiving

That's a great idea! Thank you so much Tim! Sorry for the late reply!