BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

AC_TextStyle_1 strikethrough useless error

runxel
Legend
If you don't want to use a full blown PARAGRAPH, since you're happy with TEXT2 and somebody uses the strike through option in the label.... you'll will get a "Facecode Value not in Range" error for using `AC_TextStyle_1` in DEFINE STYLE.

But – it still works. So why not remove the damn error, GS?
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
What is the full DEFINE STYLE command you have used for 'AC_TextStyle_1' ?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
DGSketcher
Legend
There is a similar thing with pen numbers in that the -1 value is available but can’t be used. I found setting a Values range limit in the Parameters script clears the pen from the selection grid. Is a range limit appropriate to your face styles ?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
runxel
Legend
Barry wrote:
What is the full DEFINE STYLE command you have used for 'AC_TextStyle_1' ?
Nothing fancy, really.
define style "label_text_style" 	AC_TextFont_1, AC_TextSize_1*100/GLOB_SCALE, txt_anchor, AC_TextStyle_1
The GDL manual states, that the text style flag for subscript, superscript, and strikethrough only works with STYLE{2} – but at least strikethrough still works when set with STYLE. It only raises the error mentioned above.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Barry Kelly
I just looked at the GDL manual and DEFINE STYLE only allows for bold, underline and italic in the face code values.
DEFINE STYLE{2} however includes extra values for superscript, subscript and strikethrough.

But I guess the problem is, DEFINE STYLE{2} doesn't include the anchor position.
And it says …
If the defined style is used with the TEXT2 command, size means character heights in millimeters, while the superscript, subscript and
strikethrough face_code values are not effective.
So I don't think there is a way around your dilemma - put up with the error message or change to use paragraphs.

But yes, it is strange (annoying) it does work, but gives you the error message.
This would be one to report to your Archicad support people.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!